Need some tires.... ~300 budget

97cobra1

Established Member
Like the title says i'm looking for some rear tires for my 97. Leaning towards the nitto 555's in 275. right under 150 a tire on average and i have them on the front already in a 245.

But before i bite the bullet and order them, i wanted to post in here and see if there's something better ($320 is probably what i wanna cap it off at spending wise).

I wanna stay in a 275 wide tire, as i have three of my current cobra r's bent (crappy old suspension) and am getting a 10.5 when i order the new wheels in a few months.

Any suggestions over the Nitto or should i stick with it? Car is a daily driver but sees some spirited curvy road action more than any real drag race action.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post. We would be happy to help.

Dollar for dollar the NT555 is an excellent performance tire so for what you are looking to spend this is a great model to stick with.

If you don't mind going slightly above your budget the new BFG Comp2 is worth a look. I recently tested this tire in Fontana CA. and was blow away by their performance.

Comp2 Review: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...35/835465-bfg-g-force-sport-comp2-review.html

Our current mail order price on the 275/40-17 Comp2 is only $169.00 per tire with FREE delivery.

Details: Ratings, reviews and specifications for BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tires

97cobra1

Established Member
That's exactly what i was looking for. I knew the Nittos were hard to beat for the price, but i knew there had to be something worth the little extra. Just placed my order for the gforce. Now hopefully they'll be able to bite with these 4.10s i just installed.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We appreciate your support. Let us know what you think of the Comp2 after you get some miles on them.

Have a great weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread