Need some troubleshooting advice

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
It seems my car likes puking various fluids all over the ground.
Coolant, oil, atf you name it this thing has spit it all up.

The car was used monday, for a couple miles. On friday I noticed atf all over the ground, it seems it was being pushed out the cap of the power steering reservoir.

I took the cap off and atf was pushed all the way to the top, and there was maybe a 1/4 to a 1/2 a quart on the ground.
I fired the car up and yanked the wheel back and forth a few times, then shut the car down, the fluid stopped right in between the "fill" and "full" lines. I put the cap back on and left it. Later I checked the level again and the fluid was now at the "full" mark.

So what do you think my problem is?

Notes-

- This happened previously, a small amount of atf was leaking from the cap, I consulted a local garage, they said it might have some dirt in it, I turned the wheel a few times lock to lock and the problem went away.

Both times I did NOT overfill the reservoir, while cold the fluid was just under the "full" line.

Thanks

Last edited:

elyrain

Established Member
Are you talking about power steering fluid?

Other than that, I've always called automatic transmission fluid ATF, and since you don't have an auto I don't know WTF your talking about.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Are you talking about power steering fluid?

Other than that, I've always called automatic transmission fluid ATF, and since you don't have an auto I don't know WTF your talking about.

Sorry, guess I didn't specify, yes I'm refering to the power steering reservoir which Ford specifies ATF for.

Users who are viewing this thread