• TR7ix

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • TR6

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
I have a 2.76 pulley, i think it should make 15# of boost with all the idlers and 74.5 belt on there now....I have the Tr7ix in there now, but im debating if i should go with the tr6's since i read a lot that my colder plugs are rubbing me some power...the votes are good till this friday only.... sat im going for custom tuning..so vote plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

smetz

Established Member
I've just done a ton of research on this and I have the same boost level as you. Go with the tr6's and gap at .035. After the first dyno run, look at the top end for spark misses, should look like a saw blade, and if you have them, drop the gap down to .032.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
smetz said:
I've just done a ton of research on this and I have the same boost level as you. Go with the tr6's and gap at .035. After the first dyno run, look at the top end for spark misses, should look like a saw blade, and if you have them, drop the gap down to .032.
dude you cant run the car then take out spark plugs out when the car is hot...
spark plugs are changed on aluminum heads when cold.......

04torchred

Established Member
You should be fine with a 0.035" gap. I would go with the TR6-ix's. I am running TR6 copper plugs right now @ 0.032" and they work good. I just have a little bit of a low speed buck with them that I think the iridium ones will clean up. Plus the iridium plugs will last longer. When I put my TR6-ix's in I am going to try a 0.035" gap this time.

Last edited:

smetz

Established Member
SSSNAKE04 said:
dude you cant run the car then take out spark plugs out when the car is hot...
spark plugs are changed on aluminum heads when cold.......

Where did I say change them when the car is hot?

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
smetz said:
Where did I say change them when the car is hot?
well i figured you meant, do the first dyno run and if i got a miss, drop the gap...in order to do that i have to wait till next dyno session, i cant do it right there and then, anyways i understand what you are saying...

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
04torchred said:
You should be fine with a 0.035" gap. I would go with the TR6-ix's. I am running TR6 copper plugs right now @ 0.032" and they work good. I just have a little bit of a low speed buck with them that I think the iridium ones will clean up. Plus the iridium plugs will last longer. When I put my TR6-ix's in I am going to try a 0.035" gap this time.
hows is that low speed buck feels like??? Is it for sure im going to have it with the tr6's...???
One more question if my car is tuned lets say with the tr6's..can i just drop the tr6ix later on with out having it retuned?????

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
you want the coldest plug that doesn't foul. im quite happy using br7ef/tr7ix with my 2.93 upper.

tr6 and tr6ix are the same heat range. the ix is just an irridium tip, thats all.

br7ef/br7efs/tr7ix are all in same heat range. br7ef and br7efs are copper plugs with br7ef having a v-groove electrode, and again the ix number is irridium.

i find sparkplugs.com to be pretty cheap.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
TEABG said:
Tr6ix Drop Them In, They Come Gapped At 35! :thumbsup:
I did, also had my car tuned today, was not hitting the #'s i hoped for but then again it is a very safe tune, 20 degrees timing, 11:5:1 avrage A/F....
about 102 degrees intake temp...still pulled a 457/465 at 13# of boost...

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Im also using the BR7EF's like Shelbyguy and very pleased. I would definetly consider that plug if I were you.

TEABG

Banned
SSSNAKE04 said:
I did, also had my car tuned today, was not hitting the #'s i hoped for but then again it is a very safe tune, 20 degrees timing, 11:5:1 avrage A/F....
about 102 degrees intake temp...still pulled a 457/465 at 13# of boost...

11.5 is very safe, my tune with the Whipple is 11.8 18 deg tuning 540 RWHP 13 PSI. My old Eaton setup 2.93 stock lower was 11.9 A/F and 19 deg timing 440 RWHP on CA 91 octane and the car ran great. 11.5 is a little conservative in my personal opinion.

SSSNAKE04

Established Member
TEABG said:
11.5 is very safe, my tune with the Whipple is 11.8 18 deg tuning 540 RWHP 13 PSI. My old Eaton setup 2.93 stock lower was 11.9 A/F and 19 deg timing 440 RWHP on CA 91 octane and the car ran great. 11.5 is a little conservative in my personal opinion.
I tought so too, but this tuner was all about safty, as metter of fact i said 11:5:1 avrage just cuz till 3000rpm im at 12:1 but after that is like 11:2:1
then like 11:4:1 accross the board...as soon as he emails me the dyno results i will post them...

Users who are viewing this thread