Need springs installed in SE PA

What day works best for you?

• Total voters

600RRgoal

Established Member
Just bought a set of the Eibach Pro-Kit springs for my '96 Cobra. I'm around the Exton, PA area and I have access to a lift. Could anyone help me install them? It would be greatly appreciated :beer:

Dave

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
98cobraRx said:
I can help. I live in downingtown. I have done this to my 98 cobra.

About time DAVE!!!!!

Adam-

You've met Dave before he's been up to the WAWA shows a couple of times.

red9450

Established Member
told you i'd give you a hand. just need somewhere to work. if adam has somewhere to do it at, i'd be more than willing to help.

600RRgoal

Established Member
Thanks everybody for the interest in helping me out, it means a lot. I only bought springs, but eventually I'll be getting Tokico shocks/struts once I get the money. Do you guys think I'd be okay running the stock shocks/struts with the Pro-Kit for a little while? I'd also reuse the stock iso's, but if for some reason I can't, I'm leaving them out. Once the springs are on I'll have to get it aligned and possibly need c/c plates.

Again, thank you all for replying

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
600RRgoal said:
Thanks everybody for the interest in helping me out, it means a lot. I only bought springs, but eventually I'll be getting Tokico shocks/struts once I get the money. Do you guys think I'd be okay running the stock shocks/struts with the Pro-Kit for a little while? I'd also reuse the stock iso's, but if for some reason I can't, I'm leaving them out. Once the springs are on I'll have to get it aligned and possibly need c/c plates.

Again, thank you all for replying

Dave- this is just my 2cents, but I would save your pennies and wait till you get the shocks and iso's. Do it right the first time.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
Dave, I would save your money for the shocks and struts. If you use springs what are different height and stiffness than stock you will wear out the stock units. The stock units are valved to work with the specs of the stock springs. Also, I would find out which are the best shocks to use with specifically the Eibach springs.

If mixxers has air tools he will let me use then we are so there. Thanks man. If not then we can do it at my house.

600RRgoal

Established Member
UPDATE: I just got the front and rear polyurethane isolators from Maximum Motorsports in the mail.. i also decided to just do springs and iso's at the moment, then tokico shocks/struts in the near future

What day(s) work best for everyone? I am available after 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday and all Saturday and Sunday. Does anybody have a spring compressor or should I go buy one?

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
I have a spring compressor, not sure where you are located, but if you need some help Im located in south-east york county

mystic04

Established Member
My place is always open for a mod day a got a two car garage jacks stand , lights , ramps, tools to do most things. keep posted of when i like to come myself.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
What day(s) work best for everyone? I am available after 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday and all Saturday and Sunday. Does anybody have a spring compressor or should I go buy one?[/QUOTE]

A spring compressor is absolutely not necessary. Dave when I did mine I did not need the compressor. I am off all of next week so let me know.

Adam

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I could get out of work early on sunday... and have off tuesday and wednesday.... anyone up for sunday?

mystic04

Established Member
busy this sunday and next so for the next 2 weeks not good for me. i know i'll miss all this now darn it. thought maybe at the same time we could get my irs brace installed.

Users who are viewing this thread