Need start up tune

CFulton89

Established Member
Is there anyone who can send me a start up tune for my sct x3. I have a eaton swap with 39lb injectors. I need a base tune just to break in engine and test drive.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You're probably going to have to call a tuner. I know SCT changed it so PRP users can't send tunes that can be loaded with Liveload. People were selling tunes without the full license.

Plus I don't think many people that have paid for a tune are going to give a copy away. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Break in tune is pretty damn important. You do not want some pig fat tune washing your cylinders down during break in.

cj428mach

Established Member
You're probably going to have to call a tuner. I know SCT changed it so PRP users can't send tunes that can be loaded with Liveload. People were selling tunes without the full license.

Plus I don't think many people that have paid for a tune are going to give a copy away. Just my opinion.

I think its like $150 for an extra license to tune a car. While its the holiday season I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that present.

CFulton89

Established Member
I'll happily pay for it no problem buy my tuner wants the car there. That is a 5 hour drive away. And he also wants 350 every time he creates a tune.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think its like $150 for an extra license to tune a car. While its the holiday season I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that present.

It's $150 if you own the car. I could add my wife's car for $150. But I can't add a friends car.

I'll happily pay for it no problem buy my tuner wants the car there. That is a 5 hour drive away. And he also wants 350 every time he creates a tune.

You can get the software for the same price. I'd buy the software and start learning. If you go with Lasota he'll send you a base tune.

green99_svt

Established Member
Lasota did my tune for 150 for a supercharger tune. If you have the ability to Datalog with a wideband I would go that route. Don is great to work with

cj428mach

Established Member
At the minimum go with a Lasota Racing remote tune if you don't mind spending cash, but I agree I'd buy the prp. If you determine tuning is over your head Don will still tune it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread