Need suggestions on traction

SVTJES

Established Member
Hey Fellas,

Well I went to my local 1/8 mile track last Wednesday with my new mods and was extremely dissapointed with their track prep. Basically they said it was a street night and there was zero prep to the track, including lining everyone up as close as they could to the centerline, or about 5 ft in on either side. I was spinning from the 1-2 shift all the way through 3rd. I could not hook for the life of me (tire pressure was from 25-21 lbs) I had better traction on the street in front of my house. Anyway my mods are 4lb lower, TR-6's, JDM tune, FTVB, CAI. I was running a 50/50 mix of Sunoco 100 that night w/ around a half tank. I even pulled the chip and ran 1 last pass only to spin through 1st and completely through second. The truck is an animal, and I was lucky to keep it out of the fence. I have the 2 inch lowering shackles ready to install and was looking to get a set of 305/45-18 Nitto 555R's to help out. Let me know what your opinions are, as I am not getting any wheel hop, it is just a smooth lack of traction.

SVTJES:bowdown:

OH-MAN

Established Member
traction bars will help.

But on those nites all you can do is ease into the gas slowly. You don't want to lose it and hit the fence trying to drive thru it

SICKBOY

Established Member
HAHAHA that sounds like the last couple passes I made on bald dr's...even with slapper bars...you gotta ease into the loud pedal....I blew off 1st, 2nd lifted a little and put it down again and still spun a little in third...ah a glorious 15 second pass it was. I too cannot launch this thing at the track

Users who are viewing this thread