Need to choose a major....hmmm

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
Here ismy delimma...

INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY W/ MINOR IN BUSSINESS

-OR-

CIVIL ENGINEERING

BOTH HAVE THERE POSTITIVE JUST WANT SOME REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES SO IF ANYONE HAS ONE OF THESE MAJORS..PLEASE GIVE ME SOME POSITIVES AND NEGITIVES OF YOUR PROFFESSION...

THANKS

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
You're going to be pretty well off with most Engineering degrees after college. Civil is definatly one of the most popular.

Coiled03

Established Member
Bullitt995 said:
You're going to be pretty well off with most Engineering degrees after college. Civil is definatly one of the most popular.

Civil is the most popular because it's the easiest (says the ME grad). :poke:

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
Coiled03 said:
Civil is the most popular because it's the easiest (says the ME grad). :poke:

haha, as an ME student about to graduate myself, we always make fun of the CE's, they have it soo easy! Concrete Engineers! :0

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Civil engineers build targets....we build the weapons!

Hehe, I'm an aeroE grad.

On a serious note, if you do an industrial tech/engr degree, its more focused on the sales side of things. My roommate is college was an industrial distribution major, and he loves what he does now, and works for a hydraulics company. From what I know, he makes good money and is comfortable....

From an engineering background, I am more focused on the technical side of things and am more hands-on what I do. I make decent money (make more than I spend), and love what I do, and where I do it....

However, in my opinion, you'll have a lot less homework/studying, and you'll be able to go out more and have lots of fun in college. While I was writing programs, or doing projects, his ass was drinking and bringing the girls home...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
BlackL03 said:
Here ismy delimma...

INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY W/ MINOR IN BUSSINESS

-OR-

CIVIL ENGINEERING

BOTH HAVE THERE POSTITIVE JUST WANT SOME REAL LIFE EXPERIENCES SO IF ANYONE HAS ONE OF THESE MAJORS..PLEASE GIVE ME SOME POSITIVES AND NEGITIVES OF YOUR PROFFESSION...

THANKS

If either require the ability to spell, I would say pick something else.

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
dryerlint...hope ya aint talking to me...

Thanks for the real life guys...

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
any engineering should be ok, I am on my last semester in electrical and computer engineering. School sucked in terms of workload but the idea of a 65k starting salary makes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread