need to know ASAP what kind of fire jacket do i need

662rwtq

Established Member
if i am running in the tens how many layers does the jacket need to be i know the make 1 all the way up to 5

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
single layer....SFI 3.2A1 i think it is?

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Any SFI jacket will do is what I was told by the LVD staff. A fellow racer told me that the .1-.5 ratings are the amount of seconds you have before the fire will breach the jacket, .1 being 1 second, .5 being 5. Im not 100% sure about that, but they are both credible people..

20-COBRA-03

Banned
where would you guys recommend buying these? any stores local... as far as checking the fitting and sizing up...? thanks

20-COBRA-03

Banned
128675068259344996.jpg

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Barry,

Me too. I'll soon be buying a jacket (nomax). Once I read that after washing the proban it lowers its resistance to fire I definately said I'm going with nomax. I also heard the only downside to nomax is that being its more fire retardant it doesn't breathe as good as proban so in the staging lanes I'll be sweatin me balls off. But it'll be worth it.

-Mark

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Barry,

Me too. I'll soon be buying a jacket (nomax). Once I read that after washing the proban it lowers its resistance to fire I definately said I'm going with nomax. I also heard the only downside to nomax is that being its more fire retardant it doesn't breathe as good as proban so in the staging lanes I'll be sweatin me balls off. But it'll be worth it.

-Mark

I remember that feeling! And miss it, Open black car on asphalt in a black fire suit with black helmet on a 95° summer day. lol
I'd lose 5lbs on a saturday race easily.

I've been thinking of selling my whole suit but I still get in others peoples cars from time to time so I guess I'll keep it.
All my stuff was well over $1K

61mmstang94

Established Member
Does anyone have any information of the "Pyrovatex" fabric that G-force uses on their suits?

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Does anyone have any information of the "Pyrovatex" fabric that G-force uses on their suits?

Pyrovatex is a chemical that was made in the 60s to treat cotton fabric for flame retardation.

So basicly it is the cotton dipped product.
I do know in goverment test results I read the product degraded severly when used with powdered detergents.

However I can tell you that "most racers" I know will rather stink a little than to actually wash their suit. lol

Will the cotton suits meet most peoples need? Yes.
I won't use them but mainly because I bought my full suit a long time ago and it last for years so I spent the $$$ the first time and got the good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread