need to pull my transmission (advice)

blown up 98

Established Member
i have a 98 cobra trans needs to come out but i have long tubes on it does anyone know if the bell housing will fit between the pipes or do i have to loosen them?:shrug:

mcaligiuri

Established Member
i have bbk and when i did my tranny i had to remove the passenger side header to get the tranny out. it wasnt hard, bought myself a set of flex head wrenches and it was out pretty quick.

rlopezspc

addicted
Established Member
no, y ou can't separate the bellhousing, i just did a tranny on my cobra like a week ago. and from hard learned experience, you have to take the pass side motor mount, and header off, to get the tranny to drop. i tried and tried, and the tranny wouldn't come out without taking those two out. so good luck.........
flexheads are key in this...hahaha.....let me know how it goes.........

blown up 98

Established Member
i know it is going to be a pain i installed the headders a few years ago and that was about a nightmare, ive been thinking of just taking it somewhere and having it done

Sh!tstang

Established Member
Some people said to me I just had to loosen it but I had to remove my pessenger side. It's not that hard though

tritonofg

Established Member
I just removed mine this weekend...do yourself a favor and tke off the LT's...t makes it easier to remove and MUCH easier to install.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
When you guys say, "it wasn't that hard" to remove the passenger header... define not that hard. All I hear are horror stories, and that's one of the things keeping me from pulling the trigger on longtubes.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
Is the tranny broken of clutch or flywheel? I havent had lt's but if the problem was in the tranny why couldnt you leave the bellhousing on and slide the tranny back and away from the headers? I could probably leave my h pipe on and pull just the tranny.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Is the tranny broken of clutch or flywheel? I havent had lt's but if the problem was in the tranny why couldnt you leave the bellhousing on and slide the tranny back and away from the headers? I could probably leave my h pipe on and pull just the tranny.

Because the T45 does not have a separable bellhousing. It's all one peice...

blown up 98

Established Member
i think the bellhousing unbolts but u cant get to all the bolts with it in the car because the clutch is in the way also the trans has a bad vibration when i let off the throtel

Users who are viewing this thread