need transmission help

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
ok guys here we go.

I have a 93 notch with a 348 stroker and hellion T78mm turbo kit, fuel system, FAST engine mgt system. Im swapping out a T5 to Automatic

I called Lyntech 5500$
Rossler 3700$ without converter
FB Performance AOD everything to do swap will handle 1200 hp w/ OD 6200$

I Really like the FB performance one and have heard ALL good out of them but does 6200$ seem a bit steep for a Transmission??? Friends say just slap a Glide in it, BUT I use the car as a street car and on weekends take it to the track. the car will make from 850-1000 hp so I need something that will hold the power and torque.

Any suggestions? I didnt know transmissions would be so hard to shop for.

all transmissions are automatics because of the turbo setup.

thanks

[email protected]

buddha93

Established Member
The glides are cheap and can take a lot of abuse.

I'd put the Lentech in myself.

I don't envy you in any way going to the automatic. You still have to get the right stall on the converter and it can be a real pain in the ass. I don't know anyone who got right the first time.

As far as price, ya it's expensive but that's just what it costs nowadays.

BTW, you'd better run. The 93' Cobra police are on the prowl..........lol!

Cobra_im

********* STAMPEDE
Established Member
well I have spoken with people with both Lyntech and FBperformance, its preference I guess, but damn i didnt know they were so damn high.

Im going auto just for the reliability with the Turbo set up with 1000 hp. I can get a glide for around 2k, but do they drive well on highways?

This is the only thing holding me up to finish this car ARGGGG I mean damn 10,000 motor, 6,000 turbo kit, 2k fuel system, 2k FAST System

HELP

Users who are viewing this thread