Need Tuner advice (before mods)

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
Ok... I'm trying to figure-out whether it makes sense to get a Diablo tuner now (before mods) or if it is more cost effective to wait until I can afford a JLT CAI, pullies, etc. and have someone tune it rather than paying extra for the email tune.

Also, about how much would someone like RET or Amazon charge to tune a stock '03 with JLT and pullies? (just lookin' for a ballpark)

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
IMHO opinion I would just save the money and get the dyno tune.

GREG @ RET has a great reputation.

I had my car tuned at Extreme Automotive in Canoga Park with good results as well.

EDIT: Extreme used Diablo tuning with my tune.

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Your better off waiting for intake and pulley then get a tune.

Greg charges 350 for the tune and 300 for a SCT if you dont have it.

If you tune it now for 350 then get mods and then get a retune(300) its not worth it.

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
I was thinkin' a Diablo tuner with canned tunes for now $369. Then after I get the intake and pulley have Greg do the tune for the mods. Does he do Diablo? I have SCT 3 for the GT but the Diablo has more options.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I was thinkin' a Diablo tuner with canned tunes for now $369. Then after I get the intake and pulley have Greg do the tune for the mods. Does he do Diablo? I have SCT 3 for the GT but the Diablo has more options.

Yeah he just started using Diablo.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
I just asked him about that weeks ago and unless something has changed in the last month I was under the impression he did not use Diablo/Predator only SCT.
:shrug:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I just asked him about that weeks ago and unless something has changed in the last month I was under the impression he did not use Diablo/Predator only SCT.
:shrug:

Yeah he said he was testing it out or started like last week.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I thought that the tunes that come w/the programmers would give you a little hp. I was going to get the tuner and cai at once.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member

Glenn,

If you want Diablo then get with Amazon or RWTD and get one of their "canned" tunes. I did that at first and made decent power. Honestly there just isnt anything as good as a dyno tune.

Tom

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
I thought that the tunes that come w/the programmers would give you a little hp. I was going to get the tuner and cai at once.

Actually, I have two simple mods... An off brand CAI and Magnaflow mufflers. These were on the car, when I bought it in Dec.

I don't know what the car pulled, when completely stock and don't have SAE #s but, the dynojet hp was 417. I wish I knew what the stock # was so I could see what the increase was so far.

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
you may want to look around some more.. i know that i have predators with custom tunes for a heck of a lot less..

I've looked around the Internet (Lethal, American Muscle, etc.) and haven't found anything less than $369 yet. I'll check Amazon, as Tom suggests. Their custom canned tune would probably be better than the Diable canned tune.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I've looked around the Internet (Lethal, American Muscle, etc.) and haven't found anything less than $369 yet. I'll check Amazon, as Tom suggests. Their custom canned tune would probably be better than the Diable canned tune.

a lot better and you get lifetime tunes...

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
a lot better and you get lifetime tunes...

Their website says Diablo $399, lifetime tune $175 if you ONLY use their tune services. I'll give them a call to get clarification but, I need to keep the cost down for now. What was this other place you mentioned (RWTD) and what's their website address?

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Their website says Diablo $399, lifetime tune $175 if you ONLY use their tune services. I'll give them a call to get clarification but, I need to keep the cost down for now. What was this other place you mentioned (RWTD) and what's their website address?

the tuner is $399 shipped to your location with a free custom program and life time free revisions..that is a heck of a deal right there :beer:

the $175 is for a program when you already have a programmer and you want life time revisions

you can also get a tune for $125 that is a one time program but has no provisions for future modification revisions

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
the tuner is $399 shipped to your location with a free custom program and life time free revisions..that is a heck of a deal right there :beer:
I agree.

Glenn_03Cobra: I wouldn't use the Predator/SCT canned tune unless you have a wideband.

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member

the $175 is for a program when you already have a programmer and you want life time revisions

you can also get a tune for $125 that is a one time program but has no provisions for future modification revisions

Hmmm... sounds like a good deal to me.

Thanks to all for the great input!

Users who are viewing this thread