Need Washing & Waxing Tips!!!!!

04BlkMach88

Established Member
I have an 04 Blk Mach.
It's my daily driver, starting to notice swirls on it.
What should I use to clean/Wax it?
So far I have just been washing it then applying wax.
I have been using Meguiars tech wax, looks decent but I am trying to get a little more out of the paint.
Any suggestions on products for Washing and Waxing?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
D

cpsmith10

Established Member
Wash it more frequently because even when you wash and dry your car you can easily create swirls when the paint is really dirty the car should just be dusty when its time for a wash... Also putting wax on over and over is not going to remove the swirls you must polish the paint to remove swirls and then after you remove them with polish and a buffer would be the best way to do this then you would put your wax on to hide any last swirls as well as protect the paint. This could go on and on swirls are almost unavoidable you just have to keep up with the paint so they don't get out of hand.

04BlkMach88

Established Member
Wash it more frequently because even when you wash and dry your car you can easily create swirls when the paint is really dirty the car should just be dusty when its time for a wash... Also putting wax on over and over is not going to remove the swirls you must polish the paint to remove swirls and then after you remove them with polish and a buffer would be the best way to do this then you would put your wax on to hide any last swirls as well as protect the paint. This could go on and on swirls are almost unavoidable you just have to keep up with the paint so they don't get out of hand.

Thank you.
Anymore Tips?

SVT2122

Established Member
I wouldn't tell you to wash your car more frequently than not. You'll be washing it every time you take it out just to get that little dust off of it. Thats what QD is for. Most swirls caused from washing are from improper wash/dry technique. I would tell you to go check out www.adamspolishes.com and watch his how to videos.

04BlkMach88

Established Member
I wouldn't tell you to wash your car more frequently than not. You'll be washing it every time you take it out just to get that little dust off of it. Thats what QD is for. Most swirls caused from washing are from improper wash/dry technique. I would tell you to go check out www.adamspolishes.com and watch his how to videos.
Damn! Looks a lil expensive, then again keeping a car in pristine condition isn't

Thank you.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Swirls come from carcovers, people leaning up against the car etc., and most frequently washing/drying the vehicle. Washing it more often will cause more swirls, which you don't want, instead look at the process you wash the vehicle? Look at the soaps you use, and the process you take.

I use a lambs wool mitt, meguairs car wash, 2 bucket method with strainers in the bottom of both. For drying, I use a shammy and pat the car dry, not rub.

Also waxing every week for example isn't that useful, I wax once every 2-3 months with #26/#21, and use detail spray to rejuvenate the wax finish every week.

Users who are viewing this thread