Need Wet Traction Tire Recommendation

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Need tire suggestion.

1) Primary concern wet traction
2) Cost
3) Tread Life (only put 3k miles a year on the car)

Car is a 3300 lb cobra with all delrin/hard bushings, coil overs & 2000 Cobra R front brakes. Gutted interior and full exhaust, so tire noise will not be heard. The car gets some nice weather street driving and a few HPDEs each year. I run R compound track tires in the dry weather. I would like the option of running the street tires if the track is wet.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
BFG KDW2.. Best tires in wet weather Ive ever used. They are a very predictable tire, in rain, they will spin but its hard finding any tire that wont with 500+hp. I had them on a cruise and could push them pretty hard without worrying.. They are a bit expensive but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Need tire suggestion.

1) Primary concern wet traction
2) Cost
3) Tread Life (only put 3k miles a year on the car)

Car is a 3300 lb cobra with all delrin/hard bushings, coil overs & 2000 Cobra R front brakes. Gutted interior and full exhaust, so tire noise will not be heard. The car gets some nice weather street driving and a few HPDEs each year. I run R compound track tires in the dry weather. I would like the option of running the street tires if the track is wet.

Thank you for the post :rockon:

The first tire that comes to mind is the new NT05 by Nitto. This model is getting great reviews in all areas. What sizes are you running? Check out these reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread