Need wheel/tire help BADLY!

89stang351W

Motown Muscle
Established Member
This is my first thread - I am a newbie!

Okay, I am going to try and make a LONG story short. I am putting the finishing touches together with my 1989 Mustang GT Hatchback. We converted the stock four lug to the stock 94 Cobra 5 lug (5-4.5). I am now ready to buy wheels and tires. My goal is to fill the wheel well as much as possible (without getting ridiculous) WIHTOUT rubbing on the front when I turn around a corner. I just went to a Discount Tire yesterday and they could not help me without "guessing". They suggested this forum.

I hope to keep the rim size no small then a 16" and no bigger then an 18". As far as "What rims do you want?" I don't care. Once someone can help me define the size that I need I plan to find a rim that meets that size.

Hopefully someone in this forum has done this before and can tell me with 100% confidence that they know a particular tire size will work.

PLEASE HELP!:banana:

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Matt here at DTD is usually the go to guy for this but he is out of the office for the rest of this week.

Maybe I can help. In doing your conversion, was there any effect on the location of your wheel's mounting plate?

If you can drive the vehicle now you may be able to take it to one of our locations and have them measure it for you.

-Travis

Users who are viewing this thread