Need Wiring Schematic Help (Ford TECHs HELP!)

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Ok i am in the final process of installing my FR500 Steering wheel on my lightning, i have gotten everything to work, but am now wiring up the cruise control button and have hit a snag... the F-150 clock spring uses a 5 wire ribbon style connector, while the mustang uses a 3 wire plug. i posted the following picture indicating what i have found so far about the wiring.

176511.jpg

I know the Mustang Switches DO NOT illuminate so i will need to cap off the Illumination lead, as well as if the Blue/Blk wire is a ground for the "CRUISE" light that will also need to be capped off as the mustang doesnt have that light.

Question is, are my assumption about the functions of the F-150 Clock Spring harness correct? the Black wire appears to be a ground?, Grn/Orange the speed control wire, Yellow the horn Relay lead, and the red/blk & Blue/blk would not be used....

NOW what is the speed control wire on the mustang controls? Purple or Black? and is the Black Mustang Wire a ground as well?

the Pink Wire runs to the two Horn buttons on the wheel but also has a lead into the control button (i am assuming this kills the cruise control if you hit the horn)...

help me out.. this install was SUPER easy... once i slightly modified the clock spring housing... and the wheel looks killer!

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
00SVTStrike said:
Pics!...:rockon:

HAHA it was a bit of a process, i had to drill and tap the FR500 wheel to fit the F-150 Horn button screws, file the Clock Spring slot so it rotated 1/2" to the left so the harness would go through the FR500 wheels slot. But the wheel fits like a champ...

PS the buttons are from a 96-04

didnt say exactly

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
97 Mustang Cobra Cruise diagram.

62506097.gif

Im so confused? LOL

So one wire is the Signal Input from the Cruise Control box and the other is the Output TO the Cruise control box... correct?

but which is which?

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Ok you want to Verify that i am not retarded... :

Lightning:
Lt Blue/Blk = Cruise Control Switch Input
Grn/Org = Cruise Control Switch Ground
Blk = Ground
Yel/Lt blu = Horn Relay (Hot)
Red/Blu = Insturment Illumination

Mustang:
Pink = Horn Relay/Cruise (Hot)
Blk =
Purple =

SO to Connect it i am going to connect:

Lightning TO Mustang
Red/DK Blu = CAP OFF Wire
Blk = Ground to Wheel with Ring Connector
Yl/Lt blu TO Pink/blu
Lt Blu/Blk TO ?
Grn/Orng TO ?

I cant tell from the Diagram what color the two wires are here....
176525.jpg

Im at work and dont have the switches in front of me, but i the same color wire from each side

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Yeah, thats the closet thing that I can get to the actual switches. I checked from 95 to 02 and the only thing that might help slightly is the 95 diagram.

56542306.gif

Sorry I'm at work and the boss actually expects me to work today so I didn't get time to look it over for you.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
Yeah, thats the closet thing that I can get to the actual switches. I checked from 95 to 02 and the only thing that might help slightly is the 95 diagram.

56542306.gif

Sorry I'm at work and the boss actually expects me to work today so I didn't get time to look it over for you.

Work? haha Whats that?

Thanks for the help, ill figure it out, i am a bit farther than i was this morning so thanks again!

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
bda1855 said:
Ok you want to Verify that i am not retarded... :

Lightning:
Lt Blue/Blk = Cruise Control Switch Input
Grn/Org = Cruise Control Switch Ground
Blk = Ground
Yel/Lt blu = Horn Relay (Hot)
Red/Blu = Insturment Illumination

Mustang:
Pink = Horn Relay/Cruise (Hot)
Blk = Cruise Control Ground
Purple = Speed Control

Lightning TO Mustang
Yl/Lt blu TO Pink/blu
Lt Blu/Blk TO Purple
Grn/Orng TO Black

Lightning TO Mustang
Yl/Lt blu TO Pink/blu
Lt Blu/Blk TO Purple
Grn/Orng TO Black

From what i can tell this should do the trick... this would explain why the truck harness has 2 grounds in it (1-Cruise control, 1-airbag and lights)

thanks for the help!

ill write it all up with pics later if it works...

Users who are viewing this thread