Need Your Opinion

RyanAx

The Ax
Established Member
Hey Guys,

I am planning on turbo charging my 05 Mustang GT and I just wnated to confirm that the Hellion Turbo System is one of the best systems to get for that car.

I am currently shopping for a new suspension system also to reduce body roll; what system would you recommend?

I also want to buy a GT 500 chin spoiler and I can't find a good cheap place to purchase them, if anyone knows where I can get one I would greatly appreciate your help.

Last but not least, I need to get a new cover for my dash due to some glue damage and I was wondering if anyone else had to replace their dash (or cover it up).

Cheers

RyanAx

The Ax
Established Member
Thanks for the input.

I am also going to order my H&R Springs in the next couple of days, and I was wondering if anyone knew if I would have to replace the shocks?

82Mustang

Established Member
you sound like a newb, i would start by joining stangnet.com forums and getting your info from them..and no you don't need to replace your shocks, IMO you don't need a full on suspension system and definately don't need a turbo kit.. not yet anyways

RyanAx

The Ax
Established Member
I realize that I don't have a large knowledge background with regards to modifying cars; which is why I am asking all of these questions. I also like planning ahead; after I have my guages, suspension, fuel pump, my clutch and pressure plate done I will put a turbo in the car.

The stock clutch is good up to 450hp and considering that I live in 1,048m (3,438.3ft) elevation, I doubt I would be able to exceed that much power even with a turbo charger.

Last edited:

82Mustang

Established Member
what motor upgrades do you have? how fast do you wanna go? this isn't usually as easy as bolt on and go..you need extensive knowledge to do a turbo setup right, as well as proper tools to change the setup if it doesn't fit perfectly

RyanAx

The Ax
Established Member
I want to have approximately 450rwhp. So far I have only installed my WMS High Velocity Intake System, w/95mm maf,- WMS Ram air box for High Velocity Intake, and my Mac 2.5" Axleback with 4" Slashcut Rolled Tips (I have only had the car for a couple of weeks). I also have a rear control arm on order.

I know that you need the proper tools and knowledge to install and run a turbo or supercharger properly. I will be helping my brother install his procharger in his cobra in a couple of days. He basically knows everything that I need to do for my car, but I want to do my own research and learn most of this stuff on my own.

The reason I was asking about the whole shock thing is because I read that if you didn't change the shocks with your springs you can cause some major damage to the car (can't remember what the damage could be at this moment in time); so I thought I would double check with some experts on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread