Need your opinion

Bruin08

Established Member
Ok, so I have a 2004 Black Mustang Cobra. I really want to get a 2004 Yellow Mustang Cobra. The cobra that I have now has a brand new ford built crate cobra engine. Might have 2000 miles on it. However the car and transmission itself as like 102,000 miles. Everything on it is stock except for the windown tint flowmaster mufflers and all 4 cats have been removed. Soooo, I have been looking on the internet and found several yellow cobras that have like anywheres from like 15-50,000 miles for $22-30,000. I really wanna get one with like 20-25,000 miles or less. Really interior wise its jus normal wear and tear, and theres no major body problems. Paint job would cure the body of all its proablems. So my question is should I just restore mine or sell mine outright and get the yellow like I want. If I decide to sell it I want to try 2 get 20,000-25,000 from it. Do yall think I will be able to get that much from someone. On kbb they said its worth like 18,000 but I figure with a new engine and no mechanical problems I should be able to get that much. Sooo what yall think?????? Idealy I want 23,000 for it. Thanks

Ironhand

Banned
Ok Ill play.

The truth of the matter is that your car still has 102K on it. So if it was perfect then KBB says its worth 18K. However that is not what the case is. Ive seen several 100K+ mile cars is great condition go for 14K. No joke either. So if you want that Yellow car look on here and see what the cars are usually going for as well as autotrader, etc.

Its a hard market out there and Ive seen several 20K mile cars sell for 18-22K. Only because the market is flooded with cars from time to time and people have to drop the asking price WAY down just to off load the car.

So in short. Your not gonna get what you want out of the Black car. Restoring it to better then new with some mods will probably cost the same as the difference to sell your Black car and to pay for a lower mileage Yellow Cobra.

mrose75

Established Member
So, you won't get jack for yours. You have a new engine in yours but everything else has 100K+ miles on it. Options are sell the black one and buy a yellow one or paint that thing yellow and restore it. It seems like so much of a hassle to sell and buy another just to start over. But then it seems like a hassle to paint and restore yours too. That's why I bought a DSG, because that's what I wanted. I'm trying to help but all I keep thinking is you should've bought a SY one to begin with.

Bruin08

Established Member
So, you won't get jack for yours. You have a new engine in yours but everything else has 100K+ miles on it. Options are sell the black one and buy a yellow one or paint that thing yellow and restore it. It seems like so much of a hassle to sell and buy another just to start over. But then it seems like a hassle to paint and restore yours too. That's why I bought a DSG, because that's what I wanted. I'm trying to help but all I keep thinking is you should've bought a SY one to begin with.

I got really happy when I saw this for sale and I wasnt thinking about looking around before I bought it. It dosent make since to paint it yellow cause then when its time to go bac and sell it then I have absoutly noooo value left because its not the oriiginal color. DSG??? whats that??? Im thinking I might just put a for sale sign on it and see what people will offer me. Wont hurt to try to sell it just to see what people are willing to pay for it. Never know, might get someone that just realllly wants a cobra and dosent mind payin lol. Maybe the thought of a brand new engine it it will absorb the impact of the price lol.

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
i payed $21k for mine with 41k miles on it. Had a Redfire with 36k miles on it and payed $18k for it. both cars were/are in great shape mechanically/physically. With over 100K miles on yours, and needing a paint job, and having a new engine, i'm thinking you might be lucky to get $14k for it. especially when there are cobras with 20k miles going for $20-23k right now.

Users who are viewing this thread