NEEDED! CHRISTMAS TOYS FOR THE HUSBAND COBRA IDEALS WANTED

tammy

Established Member
As the topic states it's that time of year again. Lets see to bring you guys up to date. We have the black coupe (christmas present last year) along with the QMP 3" stainless system, & 1 denescharger which we've been more than pleased with. I had the exhaust installed before giving it to him for christmas and he did the denescharger install. Now what for this year? I'm looking for more power without voiding our warranty (ie. stall, tick issues and have'nt had the heart to take it to a dealer yet). So what's new and the hottest this you guys have found. What are so must have i may have missed. I caught a glimspe of the engine tags was it? I know, i know i'm going for pretty again he'll want a few add horse's. Any suggestions welcome. I don't want to spend more than a 1k because he'll be getting the racerate wheels and tires setup as well. He's mentioned his shifter is a pain it wants to break free (the knob i'm talking about comes loose and turns) and that's a pain for him he says. It's funny i never had that problem.:rolleyes: So anti up my fellow owners and help me make santa proud of me with some nice treats for his baby.

03MUSTANGSVT

Established Member
I'm not sure what else you can get him without voiding the warranty to add more power to the car. The hot item now is the pulley & Predator tuner, but this will definitely void his warranty! Some other suggestions you may want to look at is a short throw shifter and a set of springs to lower the car. Good luck Mrs. Santa!

hoofbeat

Established Member
:beer: Tammy, my xmas list to my better half,1st. tri-ax or pro 5.0 2nd. Predator 3rd. G-teck. You should be able to get all 3 for under 1k. p.s don,t forget the MGW handle.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
My wife's name is Tammy also! She has been buying me Cobra stuff too. First time she's ever bought car stuff. I'm in the same boat warranty wise. Many things I want, trying to keep my warranty a little longer. Little stuff keeps going wrong. I've been doing dress-up items like chrome interior pieces(headlight knob, shift knob, A/C knobs, door lock pins, lighter, and oil cap and dip-stick handle under the hood). All from MGW Ltd.. UPR offers some nice stuff too, UPR Products.
I did stainless steel bumper letters and build #'s from Scott Winger. I also bought the interior and underhood ID tags from Gary. You can find the thread here and in the "Market". It should be a sticky at the top. They turned out well and he even made me a special custom 10th Anniversary one at no extra charge for my interior. If you don't have chrome wheels and that's an option you can find auctions on eBay for AFS '03 wheels for well under 1K. I got mine for $570 shipped. You can find them in stock sizes and just switch out the tires. Well, this is turning into a novel but there just isn't much else warranty friendly for added HP that you don't have. Good luck.

Jason

tammy

Established Member
Well i was hopeful you all have found a power toy that would'nt void that warranty but i see it's still chip and pulley route for now. I love all those ideas and sites thank you all so much. I hope your special someone gets you guys something nice for your cars. Jason thanks for the tip about ebay. Racerat looked for me a month or so back and they where out. Can you pm me what to type in so that i know i'm getting the right wheel. Are yours the same as what she has? They look just awesome on your ride! I think crome with the black would just look sleek as well you know. Anyways any help buying off ebay would be appreiciated. I'm not a newbit to ebay i buy and sell on there from time to time but this would be a MAJOR purchase and i don't want to screw up and have something that's not NEW or the right size that i want. I want exactly what Tracey has on her car or yours for that matter both look so very sharp. I'm gonna check into that chroming out the interior idea too. Would you happen to have pics? I want class i don't want sloppy looking or fake looking stuff. Is the quality really great or just so so? Thanks so much. Tammy

tammy

Established Member
PETE i looked at the site you gave. Do you have this? This looks just perfect for him!! Thank you so much. Do you have any ordering advise or can you speak of your satisfaction with the product like the quality, feel, ease of install. I'm assuming you just screw the thing on. How was custmer service? Thanks again Pete.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
What about the apten blower mod? Just a idea. You will have to ask the others about that though.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Mgw and UPRs billet products are very high quality if you get them from somewhere else make sure they are solid billet and not just coated plastic. as for the wheels on Ebay if you get them from AFS on an auction they will be new and not factory rejects or "blems". Raceratt has 17x9 rims in the front with stock width tires(275) and 17x10.5 in the rear with 285s Torch red has 17x10.5 with 315s on the rear. If you go with wider tires you or your husband will have to do a little modifying to make them fit. the wider you go the more modifying is needed ie spacers grinding the IRS bolt ect. If you get them people on here will be more than happy to tell you what mods need to be done to make you tire size fit.

Last edited:

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Tammy,
I have the black Fat Knob. I grew tired of the stock knob not being symmetrical and the fact that it was too small for my hand. Absolutely love the Fat Knob - think CobraBob has it too if I'm not mistaken.

Had no issues whatsoever in the ordering/installation process. Came as ordered in a timely manner. Screwed right on. Fits my hand perfectly. I was worried about it getting hot but it doesn't.

Very satisfied customer.
Good luck!
Pete
:burnout:

coleman

Established Member
go to www.mgwltd.com & get whatever interior billet dress-up parts that you think he'd enjoy. maybe even their shifter handle if you don't opt for a pro5.0 shifter.

i'd go buy him a pass to the local track...
i don't know what's available in georgia, but at my last event, a new friend of mine's wife bought his a track day event to go enjoy his car :beer:

in his case, he travelled from Austin to Texas Motor Speedway (just north of Fort Worth) to a Panoz Track Day event where he could drive around the big oval & inside track for a total of two hours!

tires, rims, upgrade stereo, DVD player, tint, improved car alarm

AMB

Established Member
03 COBRA CHRISTMAS TOYS

TAMMY get him a "PREDATOR" !! I got one for a frend of mine with a stock 03 Cobra, It made it a different car, I installed the the Performance tune. It felt like it added 30+ HP. YOU can UNINSTALL the program if you need to, for warranty work. NEXT, get him a PRO-50 shifter and a FAT-KNOB. I have them on my 03 COBRA and LOVE them. NOTE : I used the STOCK handle with a bushing kit, so you can use it on the PRO-50 shifter. the handle that comes with the PRO-50 shifter is very short and I think He will like the stock handle length better. You will need to order the Bushing Kit when you order the shifter.

AMB

Last edited:

tammy

Established Member
Could you briefly school me as to what the Pedator is? What it does? And where to get one? The cost if known? I have'nt had a chance to be on the boards much since this time last year when i bought the car. Any info to keep me from searching all day and still not understanding fully would great. I really do appreciate you all helping out like this. What about the pro 50 say questions with that. I'm really loving your and petes' ideal on that fat knob it's looking like a sure bet esp since you say you love your. Can you just use it with the shift that's stock if i choose not to get a pro 50. I know there's something MEN just need to get for themselves. He's so been wanting the chip and pulley but we don't want to void out the warranty, but your saying they can't detect an uninstall on the pedator?

tammy

Established Member
Hey coleman great to see you around here. You've always been so informative to me. Thanks for the sight. I'm scared to ask why the car is not in operation right now. So the pedator is a maybe for dectection? I'm so not wanting to void the warranty right now. Maybe next year we only have 7k miles on ours so we have atleast two years warranty left in that baby.

Love the idea for the diecast that's excellent. I'll do that forsure.

AMB

Established Member
Tammy

The DiabloSport 2003 Cobra Predator is a computer reflash programer. It does the same thing as a CHIP, but it does it from the OB II port instead of removing the computer to install a chip.
The Predator has three tunes in it and you can modify them also. It can do everything a scanner can do, read/remove codes etc. etc. You cad get information/buy from Site: www.RunninWithTheDevil.com They are $419 ea. with next day free air.

AMB

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
tammy, a 10 cent rubber line came off & the resulting lean condition ate through two of my pistons in a matter of seconds ... i was at the track :lol1: when it happened. i'll find out what other damage has been done this week...

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I believe Amazon Racing also sells the Predator. They have a listing at the top of the Terminator page. Rick and Linn are very nice people. With the Predator you can reinstall the stock tune easily but Ford can tell that the computer has been reflashed. Whether that will void a warranty claim remains to be seen.

I was talking to a guy with a Redfire '03 today who put a .411 rear gear in his car. He said he ran a 12.2 with slicks and gear and no other mods. Once again a new gear ratio is questionable as far as warranty issues. It depends on the dealer.

If your husband doesn't have a Valentine One radar detector, that's a no brainer choice for peace of mind while driving. $400.

Users who are viewing this thread