Neglected bumper, PC'd,Blackfire sealant, Meg's Gold class wax

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
Cliffnotes: Bumper's trashed. Took a Porter Cable to it with Scratch X, then Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant, then Meg's Gold Class carnuba wax.

I try to keep it looking good as possible but it's a daily driver. The Left side bumper has bad skid marks with a bit of a wave in it from when I spun out and tapped a guardrail. Pure stupidity, lesson learned. Right side was backed into by neighbor, no insurance and poor. He had a buddy at a shop fix it and they did a horrible job. They masked a line down the right corner of the bumper, fixed the sheet metal above the bumper and painted it like that. You could see sanding marks above the bumper and you could see the masked line plain as day. The shop was ghetto and would not fix it. They said the guy painted it doesn't work there no mo so they don't know what I was talking about. :fm: I lived with it and as you'll see the paint line started to peel and the factory paint turned white. So I took some Scratch X to it with orange Lake Country pad on speed 5. I could have spent way more time on it than I did and could have done a better job but it's hot in the garage and I'm hung over so quick job it is. I probably should have taken a clay bar to it also but again, I'm lazy. Next was the Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. Should have waited 24hr to cure but played some gears and then buffed it off after about an hour. Super easy to use stuff but it leaves black with a bit of a plastic shine to it, not as much depth. So then I used Meg's gold class. I have better stuff to use but I'm trying to use up what's been sitting around forever. I think it came out fine for a mornings worth of work on a bumper that's going to get dirty later tonight when it rains. :beer:

Heavy oxidation in the corner and generally bad paint.
1LeftBumper.jpg

Left corner skid mark.
5LeftFar.jpg

After ScratchX.
4LeftAfterTOpNoFlash.jpg

6LeftAFterScratch.jpg

After BFWD sealer and Meg's GC.
7BackLeft.jpg

7CIMG0845.jpg

7BackLeftCLose.jpg

Here's the Right side oxidation and horrible paint line.
7RightClose.jpg

8RightBumper.jpg

9RightLower.jpg

After Porter Cable and ScratchX.
10RightAfterFar.jpg

11RightAfterTOp.jpg

After sealant/wax.
BackRight.jpg

BackRightClose.jpg

And 1 rear shot.
Backz.jpg

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
That's funny. They are poor quality pics but I can see the oxidation, paint line and bumper scratches plain as day in the before pics and the after pics show how the oxidation is gone, the paint line is barely visible and the bumper scratch is still there but markedly improved. Yeah I should have kept the garage door open and got some sunlight in there but the bright light was not working well with my headache.
I was bored on a Saturday morning and felt like making a thread in a somewhat dead section of this forum to provide some entertainment and a little idea of what improvement can be made with a PC and even just a half a** effort. I was impressed and you all were entertaining so I guess it worked out.
Soccerman if you really can't see what I'm talking about, I'll put some arrows or something in the pics when I get home for you.

Users who are viewing this thread