Neighbor's silver new GT has a blower now!

JRock

Established Member
So a neighbor got a silver GT maybe 3-4 months ago and I noticed shortly after he got it because I could hear it rumble real well everytime he started it up and as he drove out of the community. Guess he got exhaust done not long after picking it up. It sounds great!

Well starting yesterday I noticed a ominous new sound coming from under the hood as he drove by... I dunno what type it is but it's definitely a supercharger sound and I'm guessing centrifugal since it's kind of a low whistle sound like air rushing through the intake or something, but not as crazy or loud as some ProChargers I've seen/heard before.

I'm guessing there are a few brands of superchargers out there for the GT by now so I won't try to guess what it is but if I get a chance to stop him and ask I will let you know.

Either way it's very :bowdown:
:-D

Last edited:

KingCobra03SVT

10th Anniversary Edition
Established Member
It might be a Vortech Supercharger as well those are very popular for the GT. What year GT is this 99-04 or 05+? If its 99-04 usually with a blower they make anywhere from 360rwhp-390rwhp. If it is a 05+ I know a guy making 490rwhp and 430ft lbs with Methanol Injection. These are both with Vortech Superchargers.

Anyway your neighbor sounds like he has a nice ride. Go check it out sometime and see what it is all about. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
he just got his license and has a blown gt?...i smell disaster..

Users who are viewing this thread