Netflix - Stranger Things

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Anybody else watching or have watched this? I started watching it after work yesterday and next thing I know I had knocked out 5 episodes. This show has it all IMO sci-fi, horror, coming of age, mystery, psychological thriller, and suspense.

If you watched, share your thoughts. If you've watched past ep.5 please put spoiler before mentioning something that happens after that episode please.

[video=youtube;XWxyRG_tckY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY[/video]
[video=youtube;b9EkMc79ZSU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9EkMc79ZSU[/video]

Klay

Established Member
My wife and I just finished the season. I actually liked it. Like you said, it has elements of sci fi, horror and thriller in it. It will interesting how they do season 2 given the way season 1 ended. It is a well done series though. Netflix has been putting out some great content.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just watched season 1. The style and era is very nostalgic for me, as I was nearly the same age as these kids during that year, and did a lot of the same stuff.. Minus the D&D games.

Blackoyote

Established Member
We started on Monday, and as of last night finished thru episode 5...and damn that's a cliffhanger! I like how they really channeled the 80s, including the music and directional style. I considered starting a thread on it, but wasn't sure if that show had caught on with the masses yet.

My only gripe is their use of era incorrect bicycles in the first episode lol (Hollywood can never get car, gun, or bicycle shit right in shows or movies...I'd like to be a consultant).

96dreamer

Established Member
I have two episodes left, i would have finished it last night but i vinyl wrapped a buddies hood for his fox. Probably going to spend my friday night finishing it up. Love it so far.

dan_dmg_gt01

Established Member
Watched the first two episodes last night, definitely hooked now. Another series I have to watch.... lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I may just have to add it to my list then. Thanks!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I finished the season. Pretty nice but have some questions. SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

How can the monster create gates anywhere it wants but people can only enter from specific gates? Like how did they get Will out when they found him?

How can there be a season 2 when "L" is gone? Does Will have the powers now and is that thing he threw up the new monster?

hoamskilet

Established Member
Started it and blew through the first 5 episodes the other night. Diggin the 80's sci fi/suspense vibe. Cool show

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Finished episode 5 last night. Even my wife is hooked and she hates horror/scify stuff.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
I just watched season 1. The style and era is very nostalgic for me, as I was nearly the same age as these kids during that year, and did a lot of the same stuff.. Minus the D&D games.

+1

Finished it over the weekend and saw it with my daughter and wife. I had to close my daughters eyes for some of the older/adultish scenes. I have to say we really enjoyed it and the first time my daughter and wife have watched an entire season with me. They usually get tired after a few episodes, but they were really hooked and watched all 8 episodes in one day. Like with some, it brought some nostalgia. Can't wait for season 2

Blackoyote

Established Member
I finished the season. Pretty nice but have some questions. SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

How can the monster create gates anywhere it wants but people can only enter from specific gates? Like how did they get Will out when they found him?

How can there be a season 2 when "L" is gone? Does Will have the powers now and is that thing he threw up the new monster?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I finished and also had the same questions.

Is this going to be a show like American Horror Story possibly, where it's a different story each time? I don't see how there could be a second season with the same characters, since as you said L is 'gone'.

But that also leads to a question I have...when the Chief gets picked up by the DOE people and he puts the waffles in the box, it's obviously for L...but is it symbolic, or has she come back in some other form, and that'll be the basis for the following season?

Users who are viewing this thread