Neutral safety switch ??'s

sprusak1

G.R.E.A.D tuned
Established Member
I clearly have no neutral safety switch wired up on my car. Does anyone have a diagram or a good underdash pic of the switch?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Its not underneath the dash, its the button to the left of the lever that you pull to open pop the hood.

huh??? isnt to the left of the hood pop lever plastic..and rubber????

your neutral safety switch is connected to your clutch pedal. I forget the wire colors....somehting like green w/ pink stripe and brown w/ white.

so you can start the car without pushing in the clutch?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Exactly, the car was an auto before the swap

ahhhh

well in that case he neutral safety wire was either on the shifter or theshift position sensor on the trans. im not 100% sure but it would have to know that the car was not in a drive gear to start.

sprusak1

G.R.E.A.D tuned
Established Member
I has the manual harness swapped in, I'm thinking it's missing a pigtail harness somewhere. I have one plug on the clutch lever, but I don't have the other, and I can't figure out where it is.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I has the manual harness swapped in, I'm thinking it's missing a pigtail harness somewhere. I have one plug on the clutch lever, but I don't have the other, and I can't figure out where it is.

thats what Im saying....

on a manual car....its NOT in the harness...its under the dash attached to the clutch pedal.

on an auto, it was probably in the harness or to the shifter. I would say its prob NOT near the pedal so you have to look up the auto diagrams and see where its at.

pull the drivers kick panel too....a quick google search suggests it might be back there and just "jumped" on auto cars. its a gray plug like this one. and now that Im thinking..one of the wires is white w/ a pink stripe i believe.

aode_bypass_jumper.jpg

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
huh??? isnt to the left of the hood pop lever plastic..and rubber????

When I went out to my car this morning I said "you idiot" for some reason i thought it was to the left... however I was correct about it being near the hood pop, as it is right behind the hood pop lever. It is a 2 x 2 box with a button in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread