Nevada Residents please chime in!!!

Pyro

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone from Nevada can help their fellow SVT brother....
I am considering moving to Nevada and had a question that may help me decide.

What DONT they tax you for in Nevada that they DO tax you for in California. I know that there is no sales tax but what else?

State Income tax? Property tax? etc...

SVT related:

What Octane gas do they have????

Thanks

Last edited:

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
We have 91 Octane just like Cali but you can get 100 at some 76 stations. As for taxes, the sales tax is like 8.25 or something stupid like that and we do not pay state income tax. Everything else is about the same. What part of Cali are you in? I moved from Lancaster/Palmdale area (worked in Calabasas (long drive)) and the cost of living is about the same as far as vehicle registration, insurance and housing. The best thing is I live 7 miles from work and save $ on gas when I'm not in the boost. Feel free to shoot me a PM or check out our local club at SNMA . Net

Pyro

Established Member
Thanks...So the only tax difference is state income tax? I was told that there is no property tax either...oh well. I am in Southern Cali (chino) now but considering a move to South Lake Tahoe/Stateline, NV because of a potential job offer in Carson City.

Thanks

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Good luck with the job, it snows up there man, the commute won't be fun in the winter. We only get temps in the low 30 to mid 20's in the winter and for once we got 3 inches of snow last week :D State income tax is really the only big difference that I found. I think property tax is less and may differ based on the county you live in just like vehicle registartion. Hopefully someone from up in the Carson/Reno/Tahoe area can chime in to give you more specifics for Washoe county instead of Clark county.

:thumbsup:

Pyro

Established Member
Thanks!! I, personally, like the snow but I'm more worried about the commute for the wife if she ends up working in Carson City. It would be nice if she got a nursing job in a hospital in the S. Lake Tahoe area so she wont have to deal with going over the 50 into Carson City. The Cobra will definitely have to be garaged for the winter and I'd have to use the ralley Dodge Colt Vista Wagon w/ snow tires on all four even though it's only front wheel drive.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
I was wondering if anyone from Nevada can help their fellow SVT brother....
I am considering moving to Nevada and had a question that may help me decide.

What DONT they tax you for in Nevada that they DO tax you for in California. I know that there is no sales tax but what else?

State Income tax? Property tax? etc...

SVT related:

What Octane gas do they have????

Thanks

Sales tax is 7.5 % only on non food items. No state tax, we do have property tax. License plates are rather hefty here compared to some other states. Overall pretty low taxes and your dollar goes a long way.

Hey T&J's Blk03, how you been brutha!

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Z06, I've been doing good, still waiting for that damn warranty to expire before I get too crazy with the mods :D We need to hook up one of these days, I want to check out the Z06 so I can plan my mods lol

Take care and look me up on SNMA I'm GtStangRcr on there :D

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by T&J's Blk03
Z06, I've been doing good, still waiting for that damn warranty to expire before I get too crazy with the mods :D We need to hook up one of these days, I want to check out the Z06 so I can plan my mods lol

Take care and look me up on SNMA I'm GtStangRcr on there :D

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Cool let me know anytime you want to meet up, I think there is some test n tune coming up. I am over at my forum quite a bit, come by and check it out! www.highspeeddriving.com We like all cars there as well. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread