Never Realized How Special The 2013/2014 GT500's Are Until Recently

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Over the last few weeks, I had the opportunity to drive a brand new Corvette Stingray, a 2013 Corvette Z06, and a ZL1. I was expecting at least the Z06 to give me that feeling that I wanted to dump the GT500 and go for a Z06. Interestingly, that didn't happen. I really can't put my finger on it, but there's just such a dramatic feel to the GT500 that none of these other cars are able to replicate or even come close to. The Z06 was awesome, don't get me wrong, but I didn't love it more than the GT500 like I was expecting. I guess owning this car, I've become spoiled and expect too much out of other cars. It makes me even sadder that I have to sell it :cryying:

What other cars have you guys driven and how did they compare to the Shelby? I would expect a ZR1 would most likely give the similar sensation the GT500 gives you lol. I've never driven one of those, unfortunately.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
I knew early on how special the 2013/14 GT500s are but I always felt that it somehow was in the shadow of the BOSS.....playing second fiddle. I would have loved to own one or even drive one someday. However these cars became so pricey after 2006/2007. I am earning far more than I earned 10 years ago and I have a hard time to justify spending $55K -$65K on a car but I feel it is worth every penny. I just have other priorities. I did at least build up an 03 cobra (built IRS, Brembos, KB blower and proper supporting mods). I can only imagine what the 13/14s are like compared to the impressive car I built. Just see if you can keep it forever because a suitable replacement which you will not look back to the cobra may very well be a hyper car.

Users who are viewing this thread