New 01 Roush 2 Convertible in Central Maine

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Good day everyone, I posted in a different section a little while back but just found this. I don't see too many Maine'ahz in here, but I've lived in this great state for all 32 of my years and I am finally getting my father's hand-me-down 01 Roush 2 Vert. He purchased it from a dealer down south through Friend Motors (sold to Hight Chevy in the past few yrs) in Skowhegan with 11k on it back in late 01, had it shipped out to Roush promptly after for a S2 kit, and the rest is history. I believe it was the first Roush in Maine, if memory serves correct. I am having it trailered up here in May from their house in GA where it sits with his Shelby Cobra and v8 T-Bird, when the weather warms up. I have only heard of one other Roush up my way in Windham, a Stage 3, but I know there are some Snakes around. I am not a performance geek at all, even though my dad raced all the way through my teen years up to NASCAR Pro Four Mini Mods at the old Riverside Park Raceway in Springfield MA. I cannot wait to get this thing, it's been my wet dream for 12 yrs now, even though its a lowly 2v GT with nothing more than alum driveshaft and a few other items which I forget off the top. I've been into competitive car audio for the past 14 yrs so that's all I know, and I have been to a ton of shows/shops in MA/CT/NH/Long Island/ME of course, and as far as MD (won a national championship) and up to Toronto for some big shows.
He took it to amateur night in Atlanta and went 14.3 @ 99, so it's not anything I'll want to line up and challenge anyone with, but he says it goes pretty well around turns :)

Jason LaMonica
-- owner of 3 CRX's, an RSX, Fit, and now American steel! :banana::beer:

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
16084863_large.jpg

16084864_large.jpg

When he got it back from Roush

16084865_large.jpg

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Found the other thread (which has Shelby Cobra pix ooh la la) and this blip from when he was telling me anything I needed to know about it.
*edit to add URL and note to all that I'm long winded and love to blab about nothing at all, alot! *
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...84-my-first-mustang-my-32-year-obsession.html

We had "Bullitt" Mustang springs installed which are lower than a GT but higher than those with the R2 package. You will get the R2 springs with the car but I dont recommend them, unless you want to bottom out all the time. I would suggest the E-Free gas at any cost, that is if you want to do another fuel pump job ($500.00) like we did. It still has the factory wiper blades on it, the battery was new 2 or 3 years ago (direct Ford replacement), the tires are Michelin Pilot PS2, very expensive. otherwise it is as delivered......

Last edited:

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Eh probably not much, my dad said with authority that I should keep it like it is and that really is his only wish if he is going to just give the thing to me. Hard to argue with free. Compared to my last few vehicles, this thing is "fast" to me as it is. He also said no tearing it apart to throw a "boom system" in it... haha

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Excellent color :thumbsup: Good luck with it. How's the car scene up in ME in general?

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
My 02 Silver Acura RSX with rims turned heads... how's that for a car scene :-|
Maine is a pretty depressed state, and the condition of the roads in Augusta where I live is beyond bad. What in he11 do I pay $3k in taxes a yr for, jesus... There is a small meet every Tuesday at the VIP in Augusta so I may bring Jack down to visit. Any of you guys ever been to Show Shine N Drag at Oxford, or the 4th Sunday in July every year there is a pretty good sized show at Sanford Sound for the Bikini Car Wash (we've seen some black 800hp supras and other badassery do some power burnouts there)... I've been competing in Sanford since 1998 in the car audio portion and may try and find another CRX to whip up as well as throw the Roush in the car show.
We also have another 1/8th mile up in Winterport, which is about an hour north of Augusta up I-95... two 1/8's and then NED in Epping about 2.5 hrs south.

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Nice to know the color as well, from your sig I see we have the same car sans the drop top on mine and RS2 kit. Hopefully I can meet some of the Pony and Snake gangs if I go to meets or hang outs with the wife.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
welcome to the site.......welcome to the new england scene.

My wife is from Windham, ME......we are up there and in portland quite a bit. Love that city!!

congrats on the car...looks nice. Hope to see ya around this summer

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Thx buddy, I work in Lewiston and have made the trip through Windham to my friends out in Standish and on Sebago more times than I can count. Great fun and some good driving. Although if you could make the trip from Bangor out to say Calais... that is THE road for some crazy driving, wide open with miles of rolling hills and decent turns. Or just go North on 95 up through Orono to Lincoln and beyond... had my 87 CRX up to 103 following a Navigator for what seemed to be eternity (I was waiting for something to blow up on that old 1.5L) to meet up with a chic for a booty call :laugh:, drove home the next morning then down to a stereo show in Waterville THEN to New England Championships in Woburn MA I believe it was :) .
Maine is good for driving enjoyment, for half the year ;)

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Cool, my best man is down in N. Berwick and Im in Augusta. You should bring the Stang to th bikini car wash show in Sanford . The more the merrier

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Thanks, and you too. I start a new job Monday some 34 miles closer to home than the one I finished at today so I will be able to drive Jack to work much more frequently come summer. My Honda Fit Sport is not cutting it and I miss my RSX!!

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Got a great little goody box from my parents for the wife and I along with the kids... they sent up the title, a signed from Jack Roush tee shirt they made up at a show down in GA, and 3lbs of pistachios :-D :-D Easter has kicked off in our house pretty good :) Can't wait, in another month or so I'll have that thing up here.

100_1441_zpsa3f634f0.jpg

JustCallMeJack

X-JACK-X
Established Member
Just got the word tonight that any time I am ready to get it trailered up its ready! Now I need to sell some car audio goodies to get some cheese for the trip!

Users who are viewing this thread