New 04 Cobra in North FL

headtiK03

Established Member
Hey guys, just recently got my dream car the other day (2004 Cobra) and its pretty much everything I hoped it would be. I purchased the car from one of our armed forces members (if any of you are military members out there thank you for your service!!!), who did a really spectacular job of taking care of the car. With only 42k on the odometer the car doesn't act at all like her age. With that being said I do have a few questions, and I'm sure I'll have more to come seeing as how I'm by no means an automotive expert...

My first question is about the handling of the car. I drove the car almost 150 miles back home the other day and I noticed when I would accelerate hard I got alot of movement shifting left or right. The car would also shift a little bit everytime I ran over a road reflector while changing lanes. There is a bit of play in the steering but I don't know how much that's affecting the handling. The rear tires definitely need to be replaced due to a lack of tread so I'm going to start there, but after that what do I check next? Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
alignment

If that doesn't work, I guess you gotta go to tubular front end, coil overs, subframe connectors, and a built irs :D

MG0h3

Established Member
Sounds like too much caster which is an alignment issue. It can kind of make the car "dart" around or even pull a little under throttle.

You may need caster camber plates if its been lowered.

headtiK03

Established Member
Sounds like too much caster which is an alignment issue. It can kind of make the car "dart" around or even pull a little under throttle.

You may need caster camber plates if its been lowered.
I'll definitely look into those, but the car isnt lowered. I thinking of getting some different springs and lowering it a bit but the exhaust is so close to ground I'm gunna be cringing when I go over speed bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread