New 04 owner reporting...

Canebrake

Velocity Junkie
Established Member
I wnated to introduce myself to the community here and say "Hello". I bought redfire03svt's 04 Torch Red with 24k on the clock. The car had a KB 2.2, KB T/B, KB Boost a pump, KB boost a spark, 60lb injectors, Slp Off Road x pipe, Slp Loudmouth cat back with straight pipes, SCT XCAL 3 hand held with custom tune, Fluidyne heat exchanger, Canton aluminum expansion tank, Leathal Performance Aluminum inter cooler tank, SCT 2400 Maf, JLT high boost cold air intake, Billet Flow idler pulley, Spec Stage 3+, Fiore microclick firewall adjuster, Steeda quick release quadrant, LCD clutch freeplay mod, Hp Motorsports full length sub frame connectors, Billetflow IRS brace, Pillar gauge pod with Autometer boost gauge and Autometer Air /Fuel guage, Eibach sportline springs, Cowl hood, Redline racing hood shocks and I think thats it.

Sale thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...04-cobra-24k-miles-hoosier-335s-23-750-a.html

The car was as clean and as nice as he described. I did change out the Hoosier 335s for a set of NT555Rs in 315 width due to the Hoosiers being so soft. I also swapped the straight pipes for LM2 mufflers to quiet her down a bit. The straights were a bit raspy and loud for my tastes, and the LM2s are a big improvement.

I have already made some mods. So far I have replaced the Steeda TriAx with an MGW which made a big difference. I also have ordered some HID hi/low and fogs in 6000k from HIDGuy, and a set of Aeroforce gauges and WB 02 controller and an SOS pod to replace the pillar units on there now.

My next plans are for the suspension as I am satisfied with the power levels. I plan to go with a full MM setup, but I will be using the Full Tilt kit instead of MMs rear end bushings and mounts.

I hope to learn alot more than I already have from everyone here. There is an enormous wealth of information and feedback available here, and I'm happy to be a part of it. I did a lot of research on the 03-04s before I purchased mine. I'm sure I'll be looking to you guys here for some guidance and help in the future.

As a matter of fact I have a problem and question for you guys now, but I'll post in a new thread.

Canebrake

Velocity Junkie
Established Member
Thanks everyone! I'm proud to finally be a member of the 03-04 owners club. It took me awhile, but I finally made it.

nice man post some better pics ;)

I will soon. I have been out enjoying her as much as possible with this hit and miss weather around here. Seems like everyday is a 30-40% chance of thunderstorms. :nonono:

congrats!

take good care of her, and treat her with lots of love and respect, snd she'll do the same for you!!

=]

I will man. I take very very good care of all my stuff. My 95 Cobra had just under 85,000 miles when I sold her last July. I have a near mint 05 Honda RC51 that gets tons of comments. I get teased alot by my friends, but they never hesitate to comment on how clean my stuff is. I have nearly gotten into fights at work with people who get into my toolbox when I'm not around and don't put stuff back properly.

Users who are viewing this thread