New 1/4 miles times...

1nastynotch

Established Member
I just took my 03 L to the track for the first time. The truck has a moto-blue 95mm maf housing w/ filter, c/l inlet tube, boost bypass, Borla cat-back, intercooler fans, diablo predator stock tune upgrade, traction bars, and 305/45 nitto drag radials. The best run on the truck was [email protected]. The 60ft. time was 1.99. I was launching around 1500rpm. This E/T seems kinda slow to me. Let me know what you guys think. I have a 4 pond pulley that is going on in the spring along with a Cat-forward kit, C/L intake and accufab throttle body. I am getting it tuned by my local guy who tunes my mustang. Any comments or thoughs on the current times and up comming mods would be appreciated. Thanks ~Frank

1nastynotch

Established Member
Yeah the 13.60 seems really really slow to me. I was expecting a bit more out of it, maybe a 13.0-13.2? A lot of stuff seems slow after driving my stang. ;-)

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
PimpRohr said:
That 95mm MAF without a tune is probably the cause. Get that thing to a tuner and ditch the motoblue intake.

Yep ;-) Sometimes too much is bad...Just get a 4lb lower and a tune and you will be in the low 13's.You might even get into the 12's..depends on the track and weather...

XxsvtkidxX

Established Member
that sucks man...i ran a 13.52 @103 my 60ft was 2.21 with my mods and it was 90 degree weather with alot of humidity like 50-60% damn ohio..i think if it was nicer out i could get low 13s high 12s espcially with good tires.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
XxsvtkidxX said:
that sucks man...i ran a 13.52 @103 my 60ft was 2.21 with my mods and it was 90 degree weather with alot of humidity like 50-60% damn ohio..i think if it was nicer out i could get low 13s high 12s espcially with good tires.

Thats alot of humidity????????????????Try living down here in Florida....I wish we had 50-60% in the summer.

XxsvtkidxX

Established Member
brucewrs said:
Thats alot of humidity????????????????Try living down here in Florida....I wish we had 50-60% in the summer.

ya i know what its like in florida...i lived in clearwater for about 11 years :coolman:

1nastynotch

Established Member
Well after work I pulled the tune out of the computer and it actually seems to run a bit better. I am going to take that moto blue CAI appart and mount my stock MAF to it and take it back to the track next friday and see how it runs. I am not going to get a tune till I get all my other parts on, I don't want to have to pay $350 bucks twice. Thanks for all your guys comments and info, I appreciate it. Thanks ~Frank

Users who are viewing this thread