New 12's Club Member!

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by Nazman
Well,

Yesterday I got the Cobra in the 12s for the 1st time!

Here is a video of the run:

Naz Run

Naz

Naz, was that yesterday at Jackson?? If so was the car you were racing Tony's?? BTW GREAT TIME! :D

Nazman

Established Member
Re: Re: New 12's Club Member!

Originally posted by Big Daddy
Naz, was that yesterday at Jackson?? If so was the car you were racing Tony's?? BTW GREAT TIME! :D

Yes, it was at Jackson during the SCMC event.

As far as "Tony's" I could not tell you. It was a 99 Cobra with a Vortech Intercolled SC. He was running good (111 MPH).

Thank you.

Naz

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: New 12's Club Member!

Originally posted by Nazman
Yes, it was at Jackson during the SCMC event.

As far as "Tony's" I could not tell you. It was a 99 Cobra with a Vortech Intercolled SC. He was running good (111 MPH).

Thank you.

Naz

Must have been Dave Stanfield, he's the only red vert with the SCMC Logo on the side that has a Vortech. I was supposed to be there but I was sick. Sorry I missed it! :(

silver01snake

Established Member
Hey Nazman. How did you go high 12's with only a 104 mph. Just wondering. I pull 12.80's but at 107 to 109 mph depending on temp and wind conditions. When I was going 104 mph I could only pull off a 13.30's at best. Just wondering. I have yet to see a 12 sec pass in a bolt on cobra with only a 104mph pass. Even a couple of 2000 gt with bolt on's here are pulling high 12's but at more than 104. Well, you must being doing something right???????? Ps. just asking because I'm in the SVTOA club and I'm yet to see a 104cobra pull off anything better than a 13.3 to 13.6 at that speed.

Nazman

Established Member
Originally posted by silver01snake
Hey Nazman. How did you go high 12's with only a 104 mph. Just wondering. I pull 12.80's but at 107 to 109 mph depending on temp and wind conditions. When I was going 104 mph I could only pull off a 13.30's at best. Just wondering. I have yet to see a 12 sec pass in a bolt on cobra with only a 104mph pass. Even a couple of 2000 gt with bolt on's here are pulling high 12's but at more than 104. Well, you must being doing something right???????? Ps. just asking because I'm in the SVTOA club and I'm yet to see a 104cobra pull off anything better than a 13.3 to 13.6 at that speed.

Silver01snake,

The car averages 106-107MPH, on that pass I happend to short shift into 4th (not looking at the tach). I belive that is why of the "low" MPH. Not making excuses but we also had a fairly strong head on wind, the last 150ft of the track are going up hill as well.

Any how, all my other passes are in the 106-107MPH.

For a few bolt ons, no long tube or short tube headers. 3.73 gears and no intake port is not too bad.

I have seen other 99-01 Cobras with more mods and do not run as quick nor put out 320RWHP!

Naz

Users who are viewing this thread