New 2010 GT500 owner and VMP Tuning info

ADL

Established Member
Hello, my name is Adam and I'm a new owner of a base model 2010 GT500. It is black with matte black stripes and black interior w/ 16K miles. It is an awesome machine!

I traded a 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 It was great, but this GT500 is on another level. I was going to supercharge and mod the 14, but I drove this GT500 and had to have it.

I've read MANY posts here trying to learn from you folks with much more experience. The mods, hp/tq, 1/4 mile times many/most of you have are really awesome. I've got plans for some mods down the road, but for now, I'm going to learn how to drive this car as is. It is much more capable than my ability to drive it to it's potential.

Anyway, I wanted to say hello and thanks for all the great info/experience being shared here.

***Also, I'd like to thank BJ at VMP Tuning for the info he provided me today. He was super nice and gave me some really good recommendations on how to move forward with this car.

Take care and God bless.

**Edit... I'll post pics when I learn how.

Last edited:

SirShaun

Established Member
I went to the track in my pullied 2010 on stock Goodyear F1s. I think the best 1/8th I managed was a 8.7 and I was still losing traction 3/4 way down the track trapping 93mph pedaling my ass off. I think it has a 100mph trap in it if I could get it to hook. It's a great roll racing car in stock form but save yourself a headache and get a tire if your going to dig race.

ADL

Established Member
Roger that! No real hard pulls for me until I get a few suspension mods and better tires. Thanks for the info.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Our pleasure, Adam. Congrats on the new ride and we're here to help when you are ready.

Bj

99SSls1

Established Member
I went to the track in my pullied 2010 on stock Goodyear F1s. I think the best 1/8th I managed was a 8.7 and I was still losing traction 3/4 way down the track trapping 93mph pedaling my ass off. I think it has a 100mph trap in it if I could get it to hook. It's a great roll racing car in stock form but save yourself a headache and get a tire if your going to dig race.
Believe me you don't have a 100 trap in it how it sits.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Believe me you don't have a 100 trap in it how it sits.

That's the same thing I was thinking....I don't think some people realize that when the car is spinning down the track it really isn't losing that much mph. Obviously its got a slight bit more mph in it but all you really lose is et. My car pulley/tune only on radials was 7.6 at 97. No way its got 3 more mph in it, even with the new TB and intake

SirShaun

Established Member
That's the same thing I was thinking....I don't think some people realize that when the car is spinning down the track it really isn't losing that much mph. Obviously its got a slight bit more mph in it but all you really lose is et. My car pulley/tune only on radials was 7.6 at 97. No way its got 3 more mph in it, even with the new TB and intake

I'm aware of spinning = higher trap. I was having to on/off a lot and I didn't let the car come out of the spin at WOT. I found it impressive how much I was having to peddle the car and it still trapped 93 mph.

It dynoed at 520rwhp and considering how hard it was to get down the track, had me thinking 100mph trap was possible. 97 would be close enough haha.

Time to get some Hoosiers and some Viking Adjustables and see what It really will do.

Users who are viewing this thread