New 5.0 build 11.1 CP 04 Mach 1

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
New build 5.0 stroker 04 Mach1 11.1 CP

My questions are how much should I lower my timing because of my increase CP? 2-3 Deg???

New build is 11.1 Compression ratio.

Car ran for years on current Mods and tune. Made 330 Ish to the tire...
Mods are.
Cams
LT
65 mm TB
SCT tuner

The handheld tuner has a timing adjustment function.
You can lower timing at different RMP ranges.
Thanks for your input.
MB
Mach 1.jpg

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Since you have the tuner you may just want to pick up SCT Pro Racer so you can tune / have complete control over the timing map. Whoever did your current tune ask them for the file in mtf format so you can work off your current tune. To answer your question I would knock off 3 degrees globally and drive easy until you get back to the dyno assuming you are running 91 / 93 octane.

mbsvt

My Hot Rod's
Established Member
Is it possible if I got the SVT pro racer, I can read the current tune?

Last edited:

Don 95Vert

Established Member
You can only use the tune you have if the original dealer will give you the .mtf file. Most do not. If you get the Pro Racer from us (LaSota Racing), with our Ultimate Tuning Guide, we give you a free base tune in .mtf format set up for your specific parts that you can use as a starting point.
Don LaSota

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You can always go MS3PNP and tune yourself if that is a route you want. That is what I am doing.

Mine is 11:1
Todd’s cams
Vortech V1 Ti

Just waiting on the engine to get finished.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
I don't know of any tuners that will just give you a copy of the tune they made for a customer's car. I think with HP Tuners you can pull the current tune and read it. You could definitely do it with decipha's stuff. I'm not sure what hardware he has now though.

JMO, but SCT isn't what it used to be. They pulled a lot of permissions from hobby users. Maybe that's changed since the last time I had my SCT open, but I can't see them going the other way. I'd look elsewhere for tuning software. Of course that's if you want to do it yourself. Not everyone is interested in tuning their cars.

Don 95Vert

Established Member
SCT is FINE! You can 100% tune that car with it. We do tons just like it. HP Tuners only supports 1999-04 as long as you have older hardware, the MPVi3 currently will not support earlier models. The SCT limiting things only applies to emissions for the most part since the EPA is keeping an eye on them and small shops. And you can pull the tune from it provided it was not locked by the tuner. Otherwise, you can tune it just fine.

01yellercobra

Established Member
SCT is FINE! You can 100% tune that car with it. We do tons just like it. HP Tuners only supports 1999-04 as long as you have older hardware, the MPVi3 currently will not support earlier models. The SCT limiting things only applies to emissions for the most part since the EPA is keeping an eye on them and small shops. And you can pull the tune from it provided it was not locked by the tuner. Otherwise, you can tune it just fine.
When did SCT start allowing you to pull the tune and open it? Are the hand helds able to pull the tune from the ECU now? I've never seen a tuner that uses SCT leave it unlocked. Even the emailed tunes were locked.

The only times I've had unlocked tunes was when I was tuning my own stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread