New 5.0 owner

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
I have been a Mustang lover since the 1960s and I've had a few along the way. I sold my 2 Fox 5.0 stangs and my Terminator about 4 years ago but I've jumped back in yesterday when I bought a new white 5.0. The coyote motor seems strong and I like the newer style a lot.
Having said all that, now down to my questions. I'm looking for tips on what add-ons are good for these cars. I'll probably be looking at an axel-back exhaust change and some type of cold air intake system very soon. I'm open to suggestions as to what can be done to improve the performance of my new toy.
With the Fox stangs, pulleys and removing the airbox was usually the first steps. These cars are a little more complicated.:shrug:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Congrats on your new ride. Ppl usually start with a cai and tune. If you don't really care about possibly losing the drivetrain warranty. We don't do under drive pulleys on the 5.0 due to the need of engine cooling.

-tune
-cai
-Longtubes
-o/r x or h pipe (depending in your sound preference) they net very similar power

Is it an auto or manual? A tune will make liven the tranny up a bit if it's an auto.

I recommend AED for tuning. Everyone seems to be getting the highest gains using Shaun. He is the guy for 5.0 tuning. It's not the same as tuning a non tivct car so don't just use anyone. I would say avoid JPC for tuning. Just a recommendation based on datalogs using them. Nice guys for parts though.

Last edited:

toomnymods

Established Member
Definatly a custom tune and cai are favorite first mods.. I've got about 2k of BMR suspension lined up to buy this friday as well as my borla stinger catback.. Then I'm going to be saving for some staggered forgestars and michelin pilot super sport tires.
the suspension on this car leaves a lot left to be desired handling and straight line performance wise..

Users who are viewing this thread