New 6.8 for F-150 and Mustang?

blk02edge

Established Member
Call me crazy but I highly doubt that 6.8 will make it into anything interesting.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Call me crazy but I highly doubt that 6.8 will make it into anything interesting.

That was my initial thought too........... BUT--

They already have the 7.3 which is going into nothing interesting lol. So that box it checked.

An aluminum, high-revving 6.8 could be nice in a "z28" version of the Mustang. ... ... Boss 415? lol

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Erm..

Do you guys think it's just an updated V10? They are currently building 6.8s in Windsor, they sell boat loads of those things to coach makers.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Erm..

Do you guys think it's just an updated V10? They are currently building 6.8s in Windsor, they sell boat loads of those things to coach makers.

I feel like it would be odd to have to three gas Super duty based engines though.

6.2 is still alive for now, 7.3L just came out.

Guess we'll see as more get leaked on the engine. The block material may be a giveaway.

blk02edge

Established Member
That was my initial thought too........... BUT--

They already have the 7.3 which is going into nothing interesting lol. So that box it checked.

An aluminum, high-revving 6.8 could be nice in a "z28" version of the Mustang. ... ... Boss 415? lol
IE what the Mach 1 should have got. Sure would be the right move but.... Ford

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I feel like it would be odd to have to three gas Super duty based engines though.

Guess we'll see as more get leaked on the engine. The block material may be a giveaway.
Doesn't necessarily mean it's for personal trucks.

It very well could just be a revamp of the current V10 that's in 80% of motor homes or whatever the number is.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

It very well could just be a revamp of the current V10 that's in 80% of motor homes or whatever the number is.

+1

I have a feeling it will primarily be a commercial engine. Ford is really make a push into that market.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
OwlR.gif

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

Interesting. I wonder if the 6.2L/7.3L will ever make it's way there into the motorhomes.

Is there a specific advantage the 3 valve V10 has over the two V8's? I see the latest/current V10 pumps out 457lb of torque.

Seems the 6.2L has shown with time it's a durable/long lasting engine in the duties.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Interesting. I wonder if the 6.2L/7.3L will ever make it's way there into the motorhomes.

Is there a specific advantage the 3 valve V10 has over the two V8's? I see the latest/current V10 pumps out 457lb of torque.

Seems the 6.2L has shown with time it's a durable/long lasting engine in the duties.

The only thing I could see would be cost and probably the fact that RV builders have been using them for a few million decades now. They are probably happier to put R&D into other things besides redesigning their coaches to accept a different engine that probably doesn't have much benefit to the consumer.

Those V10s aren't particularly powerful or efficient, but they are quiet, last a while, and parts are everywhere.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The 7.3 has replaced the V10 in the F-53 RV chassis. The V10 is no longer offered in anything as far as I know. It may still be sold as an industrial engine for generators and pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
The 7.3 has replaced the V10 in the F-53 RV chassis. The V10 is no longer offered in anything as far as I know. It may still be sold as an industrial engine for generators and pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Oh yeah, looking around it looks like it's all 7.3 now on new coaches.

Curious what the new 6.8 is for then.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

The 6.2 actually costs more to make than the 7.3. Now that 7.3 production is ramping up, I’d be shocked to see the 6.2 continue.
Still really hoping there’s an aluminum block coming for the Godzilla architecture.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread