New 95 Cobra owner

finally

Established Member
Just bought a bone stock 95 Cobra to go along with my 2003 Cobra. What is the easiest way to get to 300hp without changing the heads or supercharging? I mean, exhaust, intake, TB etc.. Who has a micro tuner for these? What kind of clutch do people prefer, I would like a light one for this car so my wife can drive it. Does anyone run a Cf DFX? What about a new flywheel?

Thanks for the help. Glad to be a 2 Cobra family now.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Without heads/ cams/ intake, it will be pretty tough to get 300 rwhp. The standard bolt-on's will not get you there.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Of course you could always go with the laughing gas, but that is not what you are looking for. :)

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
with a full exhaust, pullies, cai, tune i would think you could get upwards of 265 to the tires. mine has the above mods with shorties, untuned and made 250 with 11.8:1 af

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
not gonna happen without heads or nitrous or blower. I vote to stroke it. a 331/347 will get you there.

Fat-cat

Established Member
my 331 10:1 comp
heads cam intake everybolt on under the sun made 350 with a mild tune

So you would have to do some big time changes to make the power or run some spray lol

BLKNOTCH

We're all crazy here
Established Member
MMMMM 331 with AFR heads and a mild cam so the wife doesn't have to fight it acting up. Keep a full exhaust and 3:55 gears......

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
forget all that and just bolt up a b&G turbo kit, get it tuned and have a sweet 450hp car with 8psi and bone stock longblock

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
My 331 with 8.5:1 cr makes 300/344 to the wheels with an SCT tune. No driveabilty problems at all.

Congrats on purchasing the 95.

The AFM PMS and the twEECer seem to be the most popular self tuning systems. I run a king cobra clutch and I think its a great clutch. It's my second one. I don't think it's a heavy clutch, but I don't really remember what other performance clutches feel like.

Users who are viewing this thread