New air intake

BdJames

Established Member
I need advice on whether I can benefit from the JLT High Boost air intake, or if I am not quite far enough along. Im not sure if my current intake is giving me the most that I could have.

My current set up on my 04 cobra is flowmaster cat back, o/r x pipe, dragon throttle body, 3.10 upper pulley, and SCT tune.

I am getting it on the dyno sometime this month and want the best out of it. I figure someone may ask what my goals are hp wise...I don't really have much of a goal, I just want it to run as strong and clean as possible. I guess if I would have to say, I am looking for 500 to the ground. Thanks for your input.

image_zpseb551d68.jpg

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Time to temper your expectations...

You don't need a high boost intake, but the gen 2 CAI will serve you well.

BdJames

Established Member
Time to temper your expectations...

I probably did not word my original post the best. I didn't mean I was expecting 500hp with my current setup. That number is where I want to be in the future. I am not interested in buying one intake just to swap to another down the road. Just wondering if the high boost will help or hurt.

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
You are going to need to have a ported eaton and a smaller pulley than a 3.10 to break 500rwhp. Oh, and cooling mods, most likely clutch, etc. And the snowball begins to roll, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread