(new) alternator alignment issues!!!(w/ new 4Lb lower also)

skysoldier

Established Member
hey eveyone,

So I recently did the whole ported eaton 2.93/4 lb lower all at once. I have been working out little issues. Well anyway I just replaced my alternator and when i use a straight edge it seems my whole alt pulley is about an 1/8 inch off. The belt is rubbing on the inside rib, towards the engine. A local shop did the alt replacement and idk if they put the spacer behind the pulley itself. I have also noticed when they did the 4lb lower the didnt install the spacer on the bottom bolt of the bracket. any help would be greatly appreciated

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
hey eveyone,

So I recently did the whole ported eaton 2.93/4 lb lower all at once. I have been working out little issues. Well anyway I just replaced my alternator and when i use a straight edge it seems my whole alt pulley is about an 1/8 inch off. The belt is rubbing on the inside rib, towards the engine. A local shop did the alt replacement and idk if they put the spacer behind the pulley itself. I have also noticed when they did the 4lb lower the didnt install the spacer on the bottom bolt of the bracket. any help would be greatly appreciated

Take it back and tell them to fix the belt and pulley alignment and you expect it to be free, since they did the alt and the lower and they should have been straight from day one.

Since you didn't do the install I'm not sure what kind of help you are actually looking for besides doing what I suggested.

skysoldier

Established Member
word. hey thanks jimmy sorry for posting in the wrong section also. My questions are (1) if the metco pulley isnt backwards or contacting the alt housing is it safe to say the did put the spacer behind the pulley? (2) If I used washers to replace the metco shim on the lower alt mount bolt that isnt installed could that push it out an 1/8 of an inch? or would that just push the bottom out causing it to / <look like that

Last edited:

skysoldier

Established Member
disregard......lol. after messing with it for a bit i noticed they put they alternator spacer on there just in the wrong place. reinstalled hdwr CORRECTLY pullies line up perfectly now. So, new belt and my car is good to hook.

Users who are viewing this thread