New Apten Blower went on today...

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Well some of you know I've been having issues with my car since September when I had my "September Special" Apten ported blower installed. After jumping thru many hoops trying to prove to Apten nothing else was causing my problems, they finally agreed to send me another blower. PROBLEM SOLVED!

I can not begin to explain what a difference there is in my car now, night and day to say the least. I'm not one who really cares about #'s on the dyno but I do feel a dyno is important as far as tuning and being able to see what gains you make after installing mods. With that being said, here are the #'s...

7/19/04 - 2.90 RR upper pulley installed and dyno tuned
459.8rwhp and 462.1rwtq

9/21/04 - Apten ported blower installed(September Special)
458.4rwhp and 449.0rwtq

10/11/04 - SCT Chip installed and dyno tuned(17*cooler)
468.9rwhp and 453.8rwtq

11/9/04 - New Apten Ported blower installed(no change to tune)
495.5rwhp and 468.1rwtq

I think the #'s speak for themselves, needless to say I'm finally happy. BIG Thanks to Kauffman's Motorsports for working with me in helping to resolve my issues. I cant even begin to tell you how much they have done for me. I also must thank Ken B. at MD Motorsports for agreeing to send me another blower.

And to top off my day, I had alittle present waiting by my front door when I got home from work this evening, not sure if I need it now though...lol

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
That's awesome Ken!!!! Congrats!!! Just a stones throw from the big "500"...... Throttle body, 4 lb lower or....."a little present by the front door" should all push you over the ledge....

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Thanks Dwight, heres my graph from today...

dyno7.gif

And heres my graph from the ported blower I replaced...
dyno2.gif

This is a overlay of my dyno before the first ported blower and after with same tune

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

that is awesome Ken. Glad everything worked out for you. Someday I want to get to a dynojet and see what numbers I get out of the car.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Way to stay on Apten! Good Job! Now for some more good news the NHRA is lowering their requirements for a rollbar too - don't need one till 11.49 just like the IHRA next season. So Ken lets see that 11.50.........

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I can not begin to explain what a difference there is in my car now, night and day to say the least.

10/11/04 - SCT Chip installed and dyno tuned(17*cooler)
468.9rwhp and 453.8rwtq

11/9/04 - New Apten Ported blower installed(no change to tune)
495.5rwhp and 468.1rwtq

I think the #'s speak for themselves, needless to say I'm finally happy.

And to top off my day, I had alittle present waiting by my front door when I got home from work this evening, not sure if I need it now though...lol

That's freakin awesome!! Congrats man!! I think that "little present" is going to put you WELL over the 500 mark. Probably closer to 550 or so... :rockon: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by WUTWINE
that is awesome Ken. Glad everything worked out for you. Someday I want to get to a dynojet and see what numbers I get out of the car.

Me too man... I'm just curious how my numbers compare on a Dynojet.... Either way, nearly 500RWHP is freaking awesome... And he doesn't even have it retuned yet!! :rockon:

Ken, you should dyno on Amazon's Mustang Dyno... I'd be interested to see the results, for comparison sake. :beer:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Originally posted by WUTWINE

Thanks Jason, I'd be curious to see what your car puts down on a dynojet as well. I'm thinking 550rwtq easy!

Originally posted by Antex
Way to stay on Apten! Good Job! Now for some more good news the NHRA is lowering their requirements for a rollbar too - don't need one till 11.49 just like the IHRA next season. So Ken lets see that 11.50.........

Thanks Matt, I'm just so glad they finally agreed to send me a different blower to atleast try out after all the hoops I had to jump thru to prove nothing else was wrong with my car, new belt, new idler pulley, new SCT chip, new tune, compression test, new plugs, and countless pulls on the dyno and runs down the 1/4 mile. I'm glad to see that the NHRA and IHRA rollbar requirements are going to be the same, I'll be going for the limit this weekend...:burnout:

Originally posted by Blk03SVTCobra

That's freakin awesome!! Congrats man!! I think that "little present" is going to put you WELL over the 500 mark. Probably closer to 550 or so... :rockon: :thumbsup:

Thanks Sean, it was like Christmas last night when I got home, everything is still sitting on my living room floor all spread out.

If you look at my a/f ratio in the first graph I posted, You'll see I didnt even need a re-tune. A/F was pretty much 11.8 till about 6200rpm where is goes up to 12.0 then I start to peg my stock MAF at 6500rpm..:uh oh: Included in my box of goodies last night was a MJ MAFXtender which looks like it will be needed now.

I'm planning on going to the Amazon Dyno Day and wanted to get a ported tb/plemun but I need to talk to Rick about how it may effect my current tune.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
Thanks Sean, it was like Christmas last night when I got home, everything is still sitting on my living room floor all spread out.

If you look at my a/f ratio in the first graph I posted, You'll see I didnt even need a re-tune. A/F was pretty much 11.8 till about 6200rpm where is goes up to 12.0 then I start to peg my stock MAF at 6500rpm..:uh oh: Included in my box of goodies last night was a MJ MAFXtender which looks like it will be needed now.

I'm planning on going to the Amazon Dyno Day and wanted to get a ported tb/plemun but I need to talk to Rick about how it may effect my current tune.

Yea, your A/F does look pretty darn good. More or less flat and right around 11.8. Nice job to whoever tuned it.

That MJ MAFXtender will work well, as it has on all the people's cars who use them, on here. Adding that Plenum/TB porting and the "little present"...

You'll be upwards of 550, my guess... :rockon:

Looks like Sean's going turbo to keep up :-D

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk03SVTCobra
Yea, your A/F does look pretty darn good. More or less flat and right around 11.8. Nice job to whoever tuned it.

That MJ MAFXtender will work well, as it has on all the people's cars who use them, on here. Adding that Plenum/TB porting and the "little present"...

You'll be upwards of 550, my guess... :rockon:

Looks like Sean's going turbo to keep up :-D

Dave @ Kauffman's Motorsports tuned my car, has since day one when I first pullied it.

The nitrous kit will more then likely become a winter project for me. Although the kit is complete, there are a few things I'll need before I'm ready to spray.

The AR ported tb/plemun has been on my list of things to do but I had to wait till I got my issues resolved with Apten first. I'm hoping for mid-range gains like Jason saw with his.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Ken,

I think it was the regapping of the plugs that did it for ya....LOL..

J/K.. I think your numbers are awesome..I also think we need to start talking about a clutch young man.....decisions, decisions. Hopefully yours lasts till next season...... See ya Saturday..
I'm going all out, you're going all out... Do you think I need to bring the big trailer for both cars to get home?? I hope not..LOL...

J.R.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yeah, the thought of having to replace my stock clutch soon has crossed my mind. I'm waiting to see how your Centerforce works out for you. I plan on running my stock clutch till it goes south on me, then its new clutch,flywheel, and input shaft time. Looking forward to Saturday...:beer:

TRBO VNM

I am not sure why so many people have issues with their stock clutch. Mine has held up great...so far anyway.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yea, but how many runs do you have your car now J? Heck, your car is still brand new!!!! My man Ken must be upwards of 60+ this year alone. And JR, with his 600+ rwhp, puts just a little "strain" on his clutch as well......

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Your right Dwight, about 60 runs this year and clutch still feels GREAT! No slicks for me, just DRs, till I have a clutch that will hold up to them.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by JRS BLOWN SNAKE
I'm going all out, you're going all out... Do you think I need to bring the big trailer for both cars to get home?? I hope not..LOL...

J.R.

Better to be safe than sorry... Dan and I can attest to that :-D

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I hear ya Sean...

Actually, I never had any problems with my stock clutch.. I still have it in a box. I wanted to install the 26 spline input shaft, so stocker had to go. I only have 1200 miles on the stock set-up. I had about 10 passes on the stock clutch and never slipped it and went a best of 11.65 with just a 2.80 upper, JLP CAI, exhaust and chip. Did it one year ago this coming weekend at Cecil at Super Stallions. I was very happy. Street tires and a 1.80 60 ft. MPH was 124.20. Cheers.

J.R.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by JRS BLOWN SNAKE
I hear ya Sean...

Actually, I never had any problems with my stock clutch.. I still have it in a box. I wanted to install the 26 spline input shaft, so stocker had to go. I only have 1200 miles on the stock set-up. I had about 10 passes on the stock clutch and never slipped it and went a best of 11.65 with just a 2.80 upper, JLP CAI, exhaust and chip.

Yea. There are a lot of people (including Amazon apparently) who are running stock clutches and still having 0 problems.

That's why I think I'm going to hold off on a new clutch and input shaft for a while, or until I find that I need it. Especially because a new clutch was just covered under warranty!! :rockon:

And we all know that's going to be forever, seeing as how long it is still taking to get a freaking catback on my car :-D

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Dwight,

Yes, JLP tune. On pump gas 94 octane. I made 3 back to back runs that day.. 11.89, 11.79, 11.65. I kept creeping up on my shift points. On that set-up 6350-6400 on the fastest run. I had started out at 6100 and went from there.. I had the rev-limiter taken out with the tune...
I parked the car next to his vendor trailer after the runs and he sold out of his CAI's and sold at least 10 chips. I think I'll have to remind him of that and try to get something FREE !!!!!!!!!! LOL....

J.R.

Users who are viewing this thread