New Apten Blower went on today...

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Originally posted by mystangs
Great to hear that it is finally worked out Ken. Right around the numbers we were talking about at the drag day.

Chris

Hey Chris, car feels so much better now, boost comes on instantly, jumps to 13#'s, I saw 14#'s last night before letting out of it. With the other blower most I saw was 12.5#'s. We datalogged everything and my fuel system duty cycle was @ 90%, still wondering if you may have a bad injector, seems like it must be something fuel related causing your problems. Hopefully you find your problem soon.

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
Got mine squared away today. My duty cycle was at something like 80%. We replaced almost everything to include injectors, pump etc. Feel like an idiot. Faulty TPS at wide open throttle. It was working fine at idle and half throttle but zeroing out at wide open throttle. So I will have the car back tomorrow. It did put down 510rwhp. Finally glad that we found the problem.

Last edited:

predator

Established Member
Well....congrats to both of you!:beer: I know you both have been pretty frustrated and a little concerned about the outcome. Everything has finally worked out and life is good again. :thumbsup:

Hey Chris! Tried to call last night. I leave in the morning for Ohio to pick up my trailer and drop off some heads.

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
hmm, I was waiting for your call. I will either give you a holler or you do the same tonight. I will be going with James tonight some is looking at his car.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissssnsvt
Well some of you know I've been having issues with my car since September when I had my "September Special" Apten ported blower installed. After jumping thru many hoops trying to prove to Apten nothing else was causing my problems, they finally agreed to send me another blower. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Kenny, I'm confused.

So you have another Apten ported Eaton? I thought in that AR Port Special thread you said you got Amazon's??

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Chris, thats GREAT news, I'm glad you guys found your problem!

Sean, no Apten just sent me another ported blower and I sent my original blower back to them.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
I know one thing is for sure...when I start doing engine mods..I have a WEALTH of knowledge and actual real world usage to work from! I will be counting on you guys to point me in the right direction!!!

04Torchvert

Established Member
Damn Ken! Thats Sick! Hey im gonna be up there on Sat, U got to give me a ride in that thing. I want to know how that feels, im serious too haha.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Originally posted by 04Torchvert
Damn Ken! Thats Sick! Hey im gonna be up there on Sat, U got to give me a ride in that thing. I want to know how that feels, im serious too haha.

Hey Rob, glad your coming to Frederick Saturday but guess what...I'm not going to be in town...lol

I'm going to Cecil County for SuperStallions but Nov. 20th Dyno Day you can take her for a spin...:beer:

apache

Established Member
Kenny,
I'm glad they got you squared away man...I was very nervous about installing my Apten when I heard about your situation. I got it put on a few days ago along with a 2.90 and diablo chip...#'s went from 445rwhp to 502/475. I also love the sound and throttle response that the Apten provides. Now all I need to do is get some traction and get rid of the wheel hop! Congrats on the #s man! Hope you can steer me in the right direction as far as getting that power to the pavement huh!

Users who are viewing this thread