new audio

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
looking to install new stereo w/ nav. the web site told me i should check to see if my car is a 12V - 16V or 24V " car power wire ( key wire ) " ??? i dont know where to find this info...
Thx.

WhiteT3

White Snake
Established Member
did they sell u an adaptor? did u do the install yourself
what brand did u buy ?
i am wanting a bluetooth stereo with nav and rear camera
my wife has sync in her 2011 edge and i love it... just trying to copy that for my car without spending too much...
thx.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Maybe try posting this in the interior and exterior modifications section. That's where most of the stereo posts are.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have a Pioneer in dash nav. with Bluetooth, backup camera, and all that stuff. I still haven't installed the camera, though, because my wife argues that I don't "need" it being a convertible. Anyway, it is a 12 volt system, as all American cars are, and any reputable stereo place would know that - especially when you tell them what the car is. You need an adapter kit that has the correct faceplate adapter, and there are wiring adapters, so that it is all plug and play with the stock Mach 460 stereo plugs. I didn't want to cut any wires on mine, because I wanted the ability to be able to easily return it to factory stock someday if I (or the next buyer) wanted to restore it. Even if you don't care about that aspect, the correct plugs make the process of install WAY easier, and you can even retain the factory amps in the rear, which I wanted to do.

08mojo

Established Member
12 volt, as others have said. I recently installed the Pioneer Avic X930-BT. It comes with the blue tooth built-in, navigation, dvd player. You can add: iPod, sd card (pictures, movies, music), XM radio, traffic updates, back-up camera, HD radio, and a host of other items.

I installed mine with the iPod adapter and XM radio tuner. I just do not see the point of a backup camera on these cars. You can see out of them just fine. We have had two cars now with backup cameras--and we never look at them. The only backup aid I wish these cars had is Park Distance Control. So, skip the camera and add XM radio to whatever you get--you will not be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread