New battery for the R! (Dynabatt)

Andy M

Established Member
Anyone here familiar with the new dry cell batteries, in particular "DynaBatt"?? My battery finally gave out on the R... and since I was already thinking about relocating it to the trunk for better weight distribution, Steve at Houston Performance instead suggested I get a new Dynabatt battery instead. He said it is a dry cell and is only 1/4 the size and weight of a normal battery. I told him to order me one.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experiences with these new type of batteries - good or bad??

Andy M

Established Member
The Dynabatt battery is now installed in my R. Man, that thing is little! They layed it down on its side in the battery tray and installed a plastic shim (not sure if this came with the battery or not but will find out?) to ensure it does not move around.

I will snap some pics and post them when I get the car back later this week. Only time will tell now whether this thing will last like a regular battery or not. I will keep you guys posted.

This battery is about 1/4 the size of a regular street battery and it weighs only 12 pounds!! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread