New Beater!

brads1

Established Member
Picked up this 05 hse as a new daily, anyone have one of these on the board?

RR01.jpg

RR02.jpg

RR03.jpg

RR04.jpg

RR05.jpg

Common

Established Member
I knew three people with them(over the past few years) and used to talk to this girl that was a receptionist at the land rover dealer and the news isnt good on them..........

I hope you have a nice warannty and IF you do, expect it to be there every now and then.

MB G class is TEN times of less headache value and same/similar $ value.

congrats and good luck.......

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Been there and done that, they are very nice rides....but when they break (and they will break) be prepared to un-ass some MAJOR coin. GL bro

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
I have heard when you buy one of those you might as well buy two...so you have one to drive while the other is in the shop.

Good luck!

jf4boogie

Established Member
A girl I knew bought one and 2 weeks after getting it had to replace the transmission.
Her total bill (from an independent shop-not the dealer) was over $3k

They are nice though, so G/L

brads1

Established Member
Its covered for another two years:rockon:

I had rovers for years now, just never a range rover.

I know about the nightmares, just curious if they carry over to these MK3 ones...

It's got a 4.4L bmw v8, moves like no other land rover product I've driven to date... fit and finish seems light years beyond my previous ones.

Common

Established Member
Its covered for another two years:rockon:

I had rovers for years now, just never a range rover.

I know about the nightmares, just curious if they carry over to these MK3 ones...

It's got a 4.4L bmw v8, moves like no other land rover product I've driven to date... fit and finish seems light years beyond my previous ones.

Unload it after the warannty is out. They are the best built suv's to me, on the inside that is but some of the baggage that comes with them is a deterrent for me.

Older ones seemed to be much tougher, especially older discovery land rovers.

brads1

Established Member
Unload it after the warannty is out. They are the best built suv's to me, on the inside that is but some of the baggage that comes with them is a deterrent for me.

Well I can't agree with your comment on discovery' being, "tough," those are the biggest piles on the road. Owned one for 4 years.

Sure it's good off road, can't stop it in the winter, but when you want to open a door, turn the radio on, put a window down, lock the center diff, it's a craps shoot. Sometimes things just don't want to work.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

If I got another one I'd have to go with a Defender. Disco's are too "Soccer Mom" for my taste.

I had the Range Rover LWB and even though it was a gutless wonder the thing was a beast off road:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread