New best for 99 Cobra plus 150 shot

Joe Lynch

Established Member
This is why I kept my 99.....

Manny Alvarez and Jeremy picked the parts for me, I put the engine together over the summer. I only ran an 11.47 on a 100 shot in True Street trim last weekend. This week I put the ET Drags back on and took the exhaust off and put in the 150 jets and, after a quick trip to the dyno for tuning, went to Penwell (West Texas) on Friday night....

In 4036 feet density altitude air, I ran an 11.08 at 122.4 mph with a 1.44 60' on the first hard pass on a 150 shot in my itty bitty Ford convertible. I'll have it in the 10s in cooler air even at the 3000 ft altitude. I am one happy dude. Ecstatic Old Guy.

Joe Lynch

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Dam Joe that's great!:thumbsup: I suppose your torque boxes are welded up? Keep up the good work man.

Razor.:beer:

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!
I could watch that over and over................... oh wait i did!

That launch was amazing!

Congrats!!!!

MIke

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Here is a video of the tach, replayed in my garage on Sunday when I was changing tires and putting the exhaust system back on. It is a recording of the 11.08 run. I didn't hit it off the line as hard as I could have. And the shocks were still on the street setting to keep the tires closer to the ground, LOL.

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pentach.mpg

Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Thanks, gentlemen. With a cooler day and a little more aggressive launch and th shocks set to 1 instead of 3, the wheels should be up about a foot and the times will be in the 10s. Unless the wheelie slows me down too much, in which case, I will reset the shocks to 3 and try it again, LOL.

Joe Lynch

Joe Lynch

Established Member
I'd probably blow a head gasket or break a trans if I ever get to run it in anything less than 2000 ft air, LOL. But I hope to come your way some day.

Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
94 V6 front, uncut, 99 GT rear with 1/2 coil or so removed. No sway bar on front, GT sway bar in the rear.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread