New best in my Turbo 5.0

blacksnake98

First time out this year, and it ended up being a pretty good night. Improved my personal best 1/8th mile time to a 6.78 @ 104.25. I've got the slip, and will post it below. I've also got a couple videos from a couple runs earlier in the evening. Should have the video of the 6.78 at some point later today. It's on my buddies camera, and he won't have time to upload it until then. I'll post it as soon as I can.

In the meantime...

TrackVids5-16-07001.gif

Here are the other videos...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e0c64fc5-0327-466b-9122-993100032585.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7497b8dc-1e8a-4858-80b5-9931000713cf.htm

Here's a couple pics a buddy of mine took...

chris2.JPG

chris1.JPG

blacksnake98

Thanks guys. The car doesn't 60' well due to the bone stock front suspension. It doesn't matter to alot of guys, but it's a legitimate street car, driven to the track and back home on the Mickey Thompsons. It's driven to the local meets etc., and there are several members on here that are in my area that can back that up. Stock block, stock crank, stock rods, stock pistons, and stock ported E7 heads.

Blk5.0

Established Member
some good runs man. when is the next time you are goin out their, that is ohio valley track right.

blacksnake98

Thanks man. It is Ohio Valley, and I'll probably head out there next week to watch some friends, but doubt I'll have my car out there. I run it in the Outlaw 7.50 class at the Valley, but won't be racing in this months event. I should definitely have it out there for the June race though.

blacksnake98

The dyno numbers are a bit skewed. When I had it dyno'd, the valve springs were shot. With the new valve springs, it should be making closer to 475rwhp, maybe a tad more. But since it hasn't been dyno'd since, I just leave the old numbers on it.

blacksnake98

Dr.Wu...It'll eventually have some nice heads on there, but right now, the E7's are working fine. The car can make enough power with boost to split the block without the addition of aftermarket heads.

fast02gt...If she lets go, I'd consider a Dart or new Boss block. Punch it out to a 331 or so, and then really crank the boost. That would be the time I'd also add the nice heads and internals. Probably would want to step up to a bigger turbo as well.

04sleeper...Car was tuned by Speedy's Dyno in Owensboro, Kentucky. Best tuners I've ever used. They use SCT Software.

As much as I hate to do it, the next mod will probably be a cage. I sure as hell don't want something stupid to happen, and get killed on the track. Other than that, I guess the somewhat short term goal is to get it down into the 6.40's with suspension and weight reduction, while keeping the boost moderate (12-14psi)

Users who are viewing this thread