new best in the SHO

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
made another trip out tonight, previous best was 13.84 @ 1400 ft (corrected thats around a 13.70), my best pass tonight corrected altitude was about 1530 ft

i figured i'd test out the heat theory, and see how soaked the cars get.

with 0 cooling time i went up after a 45 minute drive and the car ran 14.0@100. something, and of course that 45 minute drive was an hour or better drive that i was beating the snot outta the car

i thought for a completely heat soaked turbo that wasn't too bad.

let it cool for about an hour, it was still about full temp on the gauge, went a 13.74 with still a 2.11 60'

last pass i gave it some good cooling time about an hour and a half, pushed her up to the line, gave a stalled launch (torrie text me and said with his programming it should launch better now than it had before stalling it up, it was falling on it's face before i felt like ) and got a 1.94 60' and was rewarded with a [email protected] mph. (corrected would be about a 13.37)

i was very happy with that. i don't think my homeade cai affected the car either way as the car was pretty cool. i think part of the et net over the 13.84 was the launch, but i'd say .15 or so was in the tune from unleashed.

on a side note, the car got tons of attention, people were all over it, asking et.s and stuff, when i told em it'd been 13.84 they couldn't believe it, and then when i busted out the 13.52 a lot of people came up to me asking about the car

the biggest comment i get is "i can't believe thats a taurus" lol

torries got more in the pipeline, so hopefully we'll have more next week for the car!!!!

i'll get timeslips and vids up tomorrow. i've got 2 vids, one is a good vid and gets mangled at the end by some kids head, so the e.t. never gets seen

the other vid is fuzzy right up to the 1000' then it clears up and he got the e.t., so thats the one i'm sure i'll post

oh yeah, edgewater had me at 4570 with me in the car and tristate sunday had me at 4570 with me in the car

so, i'm pretty f'ing sure that with me in the car and a 1/4 tank of fuel the car weighs,

can you guess,

4570, lol

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
shoslip2.jpg

Todd03Blown

Established Member
great job!! That car is pretty amazing!! 4600lbs and running those speeds...just awesome!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
heres the run

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU75jmZMqn8"]YouTube - edgewater 9 18 09[/ame]

i start at 5:36 in, it's a little blurry throughout the middle, but the e.t. is there!!!

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Nice. I saw a red one in front of a dealership on Saturday. Man, that's a good lookin' ride. Congrats.

bj

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
So thats 100% stock with just that filter on 20's?

Wow, a family car is as fast as my mustang, sad.

Users who are viewing this thread