new best

roostracing

Established Member
Hey guys..ive been caught up with my stang that i havent even posted about the L in a while...i gave the L a little love Sunday morning and decided to take her out to the track and see what she does...to my suprise first pass was a 14.73 @ 92 mph...didnt even give the truck a chance to cool down...45 minutes later a Dodge Daytona wanted to run me so i went for it...darn truck ran a 14.64 @ 92 mph!! I havent done anything to it at all!! The more mileage i get the better it runs!! I'm going on 238,000 miles....i bought it with 213,000 miles 1 year and 3 mths ago. What do you guys think i should do next? I feel i need more top end. I would like a stall but dont want to run into any traction problems cause im not gonna buy any sticky tires anytime soon...what about headers? you think 2-3 tenths better? Maybe an electric fan? Any opinions? Thanks!

joe

arods93snake

1 of 185
Established Member
Thats pretty dam good for a stock Gen 1. I have'nt ran mine yet down the track but I visit NLOC quite often and some have'nt even broke 14's yet on a stocker. Thats awesome. Same here with the my Cobra. Trying to divide the time on both is a pain in the !@#. Dam, again thats pretty dam good for a stocker! Arod :burnout:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
15.15 is my best stock. those are very good numbers. bang for buck=ftvb. should knock another tenth or two off your et.

Matt95L

Established Member
Nice times if i were you my next mod would be a torque converter,probally a 2600 stall Art Carr.What were your 60' times?

roostracing

Established Member
Hey Matt95L....it ran a 2.11 60 ft., would i run into traction problems with the stall? Dont have the $$ right now for traction bars or sticky tires...i was told to go with a 2800 stall...but i do use my truck to pull my car around sometimes...what do you think? My mods are: pullies, smog delete, k&n filter, magnaflow muffler, no cats, shift kit, advanced timing, and removed the front sway bar....i might of confused you all if i said "i havent done anything to it at all"....i meant from the time it went 14.9's to now...when i first bought it, it ran a 15.8...it was very easy to get it to 14.6's....i want a 13 out of her without doing something major....want headers, better exhaust, stall, traction bars, and sticky tires...all to come in the near future...maybe within 6 mths, i should have everything mentioned...i would love to buy the stall...just dont wann run into traction problems...let me know guys!!

383svt

Established Member
238000 miles Holy shit! nice times too!

you might have the highest mile L and my 1800 miler might be the lowest.
26572-707-28533.jpg

:thumbsup:

roostracing

Established Member
thanks guys...i'm ready to spend some $$ on the L now..been kinda neglecting the fast parts for it...hard to jugle two vehicles for performance!!

Users who are viewing this thread