New Bird

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
I know we usually post about wheels on here but I have to say, this thing is amazing! Its the DJI Phantom 3 Pro and if anyone is in the market for a drone, I would highly suggest this. Its my first one and I think its spoiled me. Here are a couple pics and videos. The quality is AMAZING. I watched it on my TV (through Apple TV) and the quality is second to none.

The piece!

IMG_1032_zpsb9xs7enx.jpg

First pic I shot with it - my fathers farm

DJI_0001_zpsenkoxx6w.jpg

Here is a vid of our neighbors trying to beat the rain....

[video=vimeo;145948903]https://vimeo.com/145948903[/video]

And this is my Uncle and myself cutting soybeans taken by a friend with another P3P.

[video=vimeo;144314148]https://vimeo.com/144314148[/video]

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
That's actually the only camera available for it. It's built into the gimbal. I am definitely going to do some deer scouting with it though!

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
That's epic! Thanks for Posting. I'm thinking of buying the Inspire 1 soon.
Inspireeeeeee2.jpg

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member

Nice! I've been happy with DJI as a whole so far. I had one glitch out of the box after I updated all of the firmware but since then, everything has performed flawlessly. This camera is so good its crazy and having the ability to live stream to your device (I use iPhone 6) while in flight is icing on the cake.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
That's awesome. Can you get thermal cameras on them with live feed?
I need one of these for deer hunting lol
*scouting*
lol
Using a UAV/UAS/Drone/AVP to scout wild game is illegal.

Texas law enforcement officials are quick to point out . both state and federal regulations covering UAVs are exactly the same as those that regulate manned aircraft.

“Sport hunting from an aircraft is illegal, and an aircraft is any device designed for flight in the air,” said Kevin Davis, assistant commander and wildlife law administrator for Law Enforcement Special Operations of the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.

Davis said if a hunter uses a UAV to locate a game animal or bird, monitor it, follow it or even photograph it, that action could be considered a violation of state game laws and specifically the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Department’s Airborne Hunting Act.

Inspireeeeeee2.jpg
If I were to invest in another rig this is the one I would get myself.

I've got about $2500+ worth of AVP equipment I'm getting rid of now because the hobby is no longer any fun with all the restrictions being levied soon by the FAA and all the bad press "Drones" receive today. Once the cops started knocking on my door because the neighbors saw a *GASP* drone fly over their house I figured it was time to find something less controversial to occupy my time.

U.M.

starnsey

Established Member
If I were to invest in another rig this is the one I would get myself.

I've got about $2500+ worth of AVP equipment I'm getting rid of now because the hobby is no longer any fun with all the restrictions being levied soon by the FAA and all the bad press "Drones" receive today. Once the cops started knocking on my door because the neighbors saw a *GASP* drone fly over their house I figured it was time to find something less controversial to occupy my time.

U.M.

*sigh* if only people weren't so stupid

Uncle Meat

Established Member
*sigh* if only people weren't so stupid
The problem is technology has made these R/C multirotors so smart and easy to fly that any 5-year old Neanderthal with opposing thumbs can fly one thus making them very appealing to the masses.

Drones are to R/C like GTR's are to track days.

U.M.

starnsey

Established Member
The problem is technology has made these R/C multirotors so smart and easy to fly that any 5-year old Neanderthal with opposing thumbs can fly one thus making them very appealing to the masses.

Drones are to R/C like GTR's are to track days.

U.M.

Yeah, I'm just saying the amount of people that think every single person flying these things is some pedophile trying to sneak into their child's room.

Back on topic:

That one you posted looks bad ass. And OP's is bad ass too with that camera quality/stability.

I'd like to get into either them or just normal R/C planes but I gotta decide when to jump into another expensive hobby, lol

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Established Member
I'd like to get into either them or just normal R/C planes but I gotta decide when to jump into another expensive hobby, lol
Well one requires skill to fly and the other doesn't, pick your poison!

U.M.

As far as people using drones to look in windows or spy on people...

[video=youtube;zdR4S3aM8Iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdR4S3aM8Iw[/video]

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Awesome bird! I had one on pre-order but life got in the way. Maybe one day I can liquidate my r/c heli collection and pick one up. Post up some more videos!

Users who are viewing this thread