New BLACK 5.0 badges

zilla8

Established Member
Well after thinking it over a bit I've decided to stick with the factory chrome badges for now.I like the look of the black badges

but part of me likes the original badges too.Here is a pic of my car now that it's been lowered with Eibach Pro Kit springs.

I have Maximum Motorsports adj panhard bar with BMR brace and MM caster camber plates.

pcc4.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well after thinking it over a bit I've decided to stick with the factory chrome badges for now.I like the look of the black badges

but part of me likes the original badges too.Here is a pic of my car now that it's been lowered with Eibach Pro Kit springs.

I have Maximum Motorsports adj panhard bar with BMR brace and MM caster camber plates.

pcc4.jpg

Really need the CC plates? 300+ bucks vice the 50 bucks for the cc bolts? Just curious cause the suspension shop says there is plenty of alignment with the bolts.-Shane

kevinp

Established Member
So after ordering a pair of these emblems i can't believe that ANYONE is happy with how they look. My first problem with them is that they dont have the same rounded shape as the new 5.0 emblems. My second problem is that they appear as if someone found a can of spray paint and decided to quickly spray over them. From the faded black color and numerous "bubbles" and imperfections in the finish i quickly realized i had just pissed my money down the drain. Needless to say i would highly recommend anyone looking at these emblems for their car to steer clear.

Mine werent painted perfect either, but they are just emblems and once they are on the car you dont see it. They are not OE quality for sure, if there werent holes in the fenders I would have just left them off, I dont like the big '5.0' badge at all.

I should have just put some 2010 GT badges on there..

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
hey Mystic. I went ahead and tried the plastic spray. It is really easy to do but seems as though it comes off easy. I would be scared to clean them with a rag. how many coats did you put on? Has it wore off any since your application? Should I just keep a can handy? Thanks

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
hey Mystic. I went ahead and tried the plastic spray. It is really easy to do but seems as though it comes off easy. I would be scared to clean them with a rag. how many coats did you put on? Has it wore off any since your application? Should I just keep a can handy? Thanks

I did a pretty good coat and I let it dry REALLY good. I did my friends truck and the rims came out good but some plastic stuff was a little harder to coat. Its like a trojan rubber till it drys so you cant touch it at all or you have to start over. The rims are still perfect and I clean them with a sponge everytime I wash the car. I will recoat them about every six months just to freshen them up I think. -Shane

Users who are viewing this thread