New brakes singing when hot.

HKusp

Established Member
I have been digging around on the internet but can't seem to find the answer to my specific issue. I have the stock Brembo calipers on the car and this spring I replaced the rotors and pads with Standard Process units. Standard owns Napa or vice versa and they have a solid reputation. I was driving the car with no issues other than the pads were putting out a ton of dust, so I ordered a set of ceramic pads from Carquest. Well they put out even MORE dust and if I had a bit of spirited driving followed by a quick heating of the rotors because of heavy braking, the fronts would start to sing with moderate to heavy braking for a few minutes afterwards until they cooled back down. So, naturally, I felt like it was the pads and because they were putting out even more dust I decided to up the ante and get a set of Hawks Performance pads.

Well, they are MUCH better in the dust department, and the car seems to stop even better than the previous 2 sets, but they sing even more and easier than before. Looking at my rotors and touching them reveal no hot spots or cracks, they seem like they are in good condition front and backside. I had the wheels off, obviously, when we did the front pads 2 weekends ago. So any ideas what causes this issue, or things for me to start checking off the list?

Users who are viewing this thread