New build with Skylake and Intel 750 PCI-E SSD

6.0GTO

Established Member
I did a build for a Danish friend this last summer. She was gaming on a laptop so she was very happy with the new PC. Sarcastically she tells me her game setting are slightly higher now. Really? Only slightly.....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...New-gaming-PC-where-did-I-go-wrong&highlight=

This time is for a Norwegian friend. She is currently using a 2 core CPU/GTX 750 Ti to game with so this system should knock her socks off. Photos this weekend hopefully.

CPU: Intel i7-6700K 1151 Skylake
MB: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha with the ROG front base
Graphics: Asus Radeon R9 Fury X (Once Direct 12X is used more I think this card will trump the 980Ti)
SSD: Intel 750 800Gb PCI-E card (excited to see the numbers on this!)
Memory: 16g Corsair LPX3200(seems this OC's to 3600 easily)
Cooling: Corsair H110i Gt(I know custom loop guys are rolling their eyes)
PS: Corsair AX860

I went cheap on the case again but I am pretty sure this case will fit the water cooling for the Fury X and the CPU. It is dimensionally smaller than some and this will help save on shipping to Norway.

Thermaltake Chaser MK-1

She should get decent gaming out of this for the next 3 or 4 years I think. It is killing me being so busy with work and not be able to spend a day building it!

Last edited:

Richter888

Established Member
I built a similar computer recently with some variation. I love it, but where I'm at, there is no internet. Sucks to be me.

CPU: Intel i7-6700K 1151 Skylake
MB: Asus ROG z-170ar
Graphics: Asus STRIX GTX 980ti
SSD: Samsung m.2 500gb(I forget the specs. The fast one lol)
Memory: 16g Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz(don't qoute me, I'll have to double check)
Cooling: Corsair H110i Gt(same)
PS: EVGA 850w
Computer screen: ASUS swift pg2780

Fun computer doesn't miss a beat for my gaming. Can't wait to move and get some internet lol. I mostly play BF4 and StarCraft.

Users who are viewing this thread