New C8 Caught Testing?

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Hmmmm. Wonder where the wing is? Active aero? I dunno if I'll like the looks better than the C7...

Blown 89

Established Member
There is a mid engine corvette rumor every generation. I'll believe it when I see it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its good for Chevy, finally will have a factory mid engined car under their belt. Granted, they have had Corvette itself out for along time, but figures they would be late to the mid engined party.

Z06

Established Member
This is different from the car with the wing. That one is to be the ZR1. The pot is saying these are before the C8.

Blown 89

Established Member
If you actually looked at the pics then you'd know that there's no way there's a motor in the front of that car.
I did look at the pics and I agree, there isn't a motor in the front of that car but that doesn't change the fact that this rumor surfaces every generation and until I see them release the actual car I'll reserve judgement. Bob Lutz verified that the C5 would have been min engined had GM not had financial problems.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
If this comes to fruition I can't wait to see what they produce. The late model Corvettes are amazing as a RWD car. I wonder if they'll have the RWD platform and then a higher priced, more advanced mid engine car with a RWD/AWD option a la Lamboghini.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If this comes to fruition I can't wait to see what they produce. The late model Corvettes are amazing as a RWD car. I wonder if they'll have the RWD platform and then a higher priced, more advanced mid engine car with a RWD/AWD option a la Lamboghini.

If the vette goes this route, that would free up the camaro to be their primary front/rear performance car. GM's constant dilemma with overlap between these two model would be eliminated. They could raise the camaro's performance level, because the vette would be a distinctly different car.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hell or release power numbers before people order their Raptors.

I'll let you know when mine gets here.

Was a little upset seeing the MSRP on a loaded CC topped $70k.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Wow, read a few of the C & D links and they are basically saying it's a done deal, C8 will be mid-engine. I don't see them being wrong based on how they are talking about it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
HPK told me it was going to be a mid-engine 7.0L with twin turbos pushing out about 1125hp in an AWD format with a A8 in it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
There is a mid engine corvette rumor every generation. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've never seen an actual test mule until now though

If you actually looked at the pics then you'd know that there's no way there's a motor in the front of that car.

I did look at the pics and I agree, there isn't a motor in the front of that car but that doesn't change the fact that this rumor surfaces every generation and until I see them release the actual car I'll reserve judgement. Bob Lutz verified that the C5 would have been min engined had GM not had financial problems.

Chevy has tossed the idea of a mid/rear engine 'vette almost since day 1. They even made prototypes on one or two previous gens. Its something the engineers have wanted to do for a long time, but had to scrap it for one reason or another.

Users who are viewing this thread